Author Topic: I am really having a bad time with every thing Patrick's mom  (Read 5020 times)

marie

• nospam
  • Patrick & Biscut
    • View Profile
I am really having a bad time with every thing Patrick's mom
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:20:59 AM »
Hi I haven't posted in a long time because iI was sick. I had to stay home from the nursing home where I see my husband I stayed in bed for the week . I didn't have Patrick to help me and no one else helpled me. I couldn't wait for EASTER to be over. Now mother's day is coming and that is going to be even worse. Ihave one married son that trys to do what he could but now his wife might have knee surgey and he won't be able to help me as much The only one that helps me sometimes is my neighbor next door but I can't over do it.with her. It is very hard for me because I don't drive.I haven't used my scooter because I am still weak When I go to the nursing home I walk or take a cab. Chaplin JOE has been taking me home when he could I feel he is the only friend I have since some of my best friends deserted me since Patrick died.Sometimes I don't want to live any more My husband is not the same since he is on heavy doses of medication because of his broken hip for the pain He is a high risk for surgery. Thanks for listening. LOVE AND HUGS MARIE

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Re: I am really having a bad time with every thing Patrick's mom
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
Please know I am thinking fo you in this difficult time. I am so sorry no one is there to help you with things...too bad youre not my neighbor LOL!!Please do the best you can to take care of yourself. Sending strength and peace.

marzz

• nospam
  • Kelly I won't you back my beautiful girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
Hello Marie
Just sending my love so sorry that things are so hard for
you.
Thinking of you Marzz
Thank You Kelly For Being My Daughter.

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »
Marie:  I too am so sorry it is so difficult for you.  Have you spoken with the nursing home social worker?  Maybe in your town there is an organization that could help you out.  I know that it is very difficult to ask for help and favors but it does take a risk and the risk now for you is that you might find a new friend.  Will you tell us where you live?  One never knows who of us lives near you or someone might have other ideas to help you.  I know that no one will ever replace the love and help Patrick gave you but you still need the help and maybe we can all think of ways to help you.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

shelly Tristans mom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:26:31 PM »
Marie, 

I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. I am sending love, strength and alot of prayers your way. 
Also, sometimes the Salvation Army can help with transportation to and from the nursing home.

(((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))
Shelly, Tristan's Mom
Shelly, Tristan's Mom

Lonnie

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:59:05 AM »
Marie: I often reflect on how difficult things are for you, and how much you must suffer without the in home support of Patrick and your husband. Really you have been amazing with all that you do. I know the challenge of getting to the nursing home when you are not feeling well is overwhelming. My mom no longer drives either, and that has been one of the most difficult things for her since my dad died.  I try to take her where she needs to go-errands and doctor's appointments-but I am sure that she longs for the times when she could just get in the car and go where she needs to (or wants to). I know that this is such a hard time for you, and that you may feel like giving up. But you are still needed and loved by those that are left. I know that your husband responds to your visits, and I am sure your faithfulness has not gone unnoticed. You do have to take care of yourself though. Sometimes you just have to stop for a little while, take a break, and try to regroup. All of us touched by the death and/or sickness of a close loved one find ourselves experiencing burn-out at times. Some of us are challenged by the care of a surviving loved one, and some are overwhelmed with life itself. We feel fatigued and lost. Grieving does that to us. I wish that you lived near me, and I could help you. Rebecca and Shelly's sugggestions about help and transportation are good. I know that connecting with the right agencies can certainly be frustrating. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Please take care of yourself and know that you mean so much to those of us at Crisis, Grief and Healing. Hugs-Lonnie (from the Main Board)

Johanna

• nospam
  • Micheal at Wonderland
    • View Profile
    • Micheal's Memorial Website
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 06:39:16 AM »
I'm so sorry you are going through this especially tough time Marie.  There is not much I can do from up here in Canada, but I am sending you strength and a big hug.  Hoping things improve and you are feeling well again soon.

Love and hugs,
Johanna, Micheal's mom

Who, then, can so softly bind up the wound of another as he,
who has felt the same wound himself?
Thomas Jefferson

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »
marie,
  you're in my thought's & prayers. i read posts like yours & i know that i'm not the only one that feels they don't have as many friends. i talk to one friend everyday but if i talk a lot about candi she get's off the phone so i know she's tired of me talking about candi & that hurts. as long as i'm still breathing i'll be talking about candi.

sending you hug's,
martha