Author Topic: Lost My Sister the pain is awful  (Read 20862 times)

babs

• View Profile
Lost My Sister the pain is awful
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:38:12 AM »
Found this board and not sure if posting my feelings will help or not.. I lost my sister 6 days ago and am having a hard time dealing with this. It happened so fast. We found out she had lung cancer and within 3 weeks she was gone. Still a shock and  I feel such sadness I just don't know what to do I feel so lost.

Could use some advice. Thanks

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
Re: Lost My Sister the pain is awful
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:17:41 AM »
Dear Babs,

My heart goes out to you!!!  The pain and sorrow that we feel when we have lost someone close to us is truly unbearable at times.  I wish that I had some magic advice that would make you feel better, but all I can do is lend you a shoulder to cry on and to let you know that you aren't alone as you work through your grief.  Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:23:46 AM »
Dear Babs:

I lost my sister 6 months ago. It was very sudden - heart attack - no chance to say goodbye. I remember those first weeks as if they were yesterday - just so unbearable. I am so sorry for your loss. We need to grieve - it proves that they existed and meant so very much to us. She'll always be in your heart.

I also lost my mom almost 2 weeks ago. I am still in shock over this...It just feels that there is far too much sorrow to bear it.

But have hope...we are all here and share your feelings...

God bless you.

Jeannie

babs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:45:44 AM »
Thank you for your kindness it helps. I'm trying to take one day at a time. I keep thinking the phone is going to ring and she will be on the other end.

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:02:31 PM »
Dear Babs:

I remember going grocery shopping and every other woman looked like my sister. She lived with us, and I still sometimes hear the basement door opening...

I wish there was a phone to heaven....allowing us at least one more call...

Jeannie

babs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
Hi Jeanie
I wish I could get some kind of sign from her that she is alright and not in pain anymore. I guess I am grasping at straws here trying to make myself feel better.
I am very sorry for your loss your mom and sister both can't imagine what you have been going thru. I'm finding that I have been praying alot and it really has helped me.  Well I have been rambling on here. Thank you all for your kindness. Babs

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 02:53:02 PM »
Hi Babs.
I always had faith in my life, but never like in the last 6 months. These circumstances have brought me closer to God, and in doing that, I can believe that they are happy now, free from pain and sorrow. It doesn't make it any easier because we still miss them and its so hard to imagine life without them.

I do believe in signs and that they are still with us...I was with my mom when she died - talked to her before and during...there was serenity on her face as she was going - and sweet relief for her. As much as I wanted to scream and tell them to bring her back, I couldn't because I knew she'd be much happier...
Now I am rambling on...thank you for your reply and for listening. You will get your sign.

Jeannie

4EVRdarrensSIS

• Some people know their guardian angels..~/ \~..
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »
Babs~  i'm so sorry to hear about your sister.  six days...it's all so fresh, kinda like you are spaced out.  i don't remember much of the first three months after my brother died of cancer......my 25 birthday was 9 days later and i just remember not caring about anything.  that was almost 5 years ago.  it will get easier.....the pain doesn't go away, i think we just learn to tolerate it  and accept the circumstances.  i am so sorry that you are going through this.  it's not fair.....nothing is fair about death.  i believe that darren is in heaven now...free from the pain he lived in for years before he died.  i believe that he is whole and healthy and smiling and laughing and carrying on keeping everyone in stitches up there......i have to believe that one day we will be together again....."and with all my heart i'm sure, we're closer than we ever were.  i don't have to hear or see, i've got all the proof i need....there are more than angels watching over me....i believe".  take care of yourself and let yourself grieve......   ((((((hugs))))))
[nofollow]

babs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 05:18:53 AM »
was just wondering does anyone think that dreaming about one that has passed is just a dream or could this be really a way of communicating? I guess I am just hoping. I had a dream but could not make out what was said everything was fuzzy.

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:51 AM »
Hi Babs:
I truly believe it is a way that our loved ones can communicate. My daughter, age 9, had a dream about my sister (her aunt) not long after she passed. My sister had come to her in a church and told her that she was sick for a while but is alright now and happy. I just know in my heart that this was her communicating to us that she was in heaven.

Jeannie

rachel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 06:13:43 PM »
Deeply I'm sorry. I can share with you Isaiah 33:24 "No resident will say: 'I am sick.' This will come true very soon and you will be able to see your sister again. God has promise.
                                Rachel

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »
I lost my brother Jan. 1 of last year. It is definately a numbness state that you are in. Mine lasted for a few months. It is still an emotional roller coaster ride. Just know there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

wings

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »
dear babs i understand the pain you feel i lost my sister only 3 months ago, my sister commited suicide. sometimes the pain is unbearable, we all greive differently but parts of grief are similar. it helps to know others are feeling the same sort of feelings that you are experiencing especially as your loss is so raw. be kind to yourself, sending you healing thoughts from australia

Autumn Leaves

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 08:27:29 AM »
My cousin died of MS and know she's in a place where her body is whole and she's with others who've gone before her. While her physical presence is gone, we all know she's still in our hearts. She is talked about at family gatherings and her memory is honored.

I think dreams are a link to our subconscious and our loved ones contact our subconscious. We are also more aware of things then when we don't face distractions from everything else going on around us. I personally think the spirit of our loved one is always with us and often looking out for us. I know my Gramma's there and keeping an eye on me and is available whenever I call for her.
RJ

griefstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »
Hello there,

I understand your grief, I also lost my sister 2 years back and the pain is still kinda raw...But yeah, as everyone says, you start living with it...

Dreams...I dont know, I dream of my sis every night...Sometimes, she is really happy, at other times, I see myself doing things together..its all really nice..but when I wake up, I yearn for her..just to talk to her once...ask her if she is fine...

so, may be, dreams are a way to communicate.. or may be not.. but they make me closer to my sister...