Author Topic: Speech and worskshop went well  (Read 2329 times)

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
Speech and worskshop went well
« on: March 30, 2007, 08:32:34 PM »
To all of you!!!!!

My speech and workshop on grief and loss went very well.  I felt the presence of all our children and all of you.  I was at complete peace when I spoke in front of 200 people about grief and loss.  I believe that I caused many people to think about the world that we live in and how it is different and will never be the same. 

I used some of the quotes from what you had written to me and these touched so many people.  Interesting that it just verified how much people don't want to deal with grief and loss.  Many people kind of avoided me after and then some hugged me and thanked me.  I had a friend come up to me and say "I haven't talked to you about Christian over the past two years because I can't.  I can't even think about one of my daughters dying".  I said I understood and then felt alone and a bit angry, but then realized she at least said something to me.
No doubt all our kids were there because I couldn't have done this on my own.  I was the clay, He was the potter and all our children and all of you helped to hold me as I was shaped.

Thank you all for being sucah a support to me. 

If I touched one persons heart that day to do something different, than it was worth it.

Of course now I am struggling, but I know God will bring me through.

Love and hugs
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Re: Speech and worskshop went well
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:10:18 PM »
Congratulations on a job well done! We are all so proud of you!

lainie

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • www.beheartstrings.com
Re: Speech and worskshop went well
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »
I am so glad that everything went well for you. 
Elaine
My beautiful Brynn
Dec. 14/94 - Jan. 2/07