Author Topic: How Long Does It Take???  (Read 24701 times)

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: How Long Does It Take???
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 04:15:33 PM »

The dictionary defines faith as  "belief without logical  proof".   Isnt it interesting that the bible's definition is the same, which is  found in..........

Heb 11:1  " Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see".  

There are many verses in the bible that speak of the subject of faith,  particularly that when we have faith,  we can find healing.      If you go to crosswalk.com and type in the word  faith  in the search ,   you will find many verses on  the importance of faith.    

Now dont get me wrong...  I don't believe the tv preachers who suddenly "heal" a woman who couldnt walk before the show.    But I do believe that having faith and knowing that death is not the end  can bring about emotional healing like nothing else.  

For me,  I never would have been able to heal from all that I went through growing up (abuse)  or healed from my mothers death,  without my faith.   If it werent for my faith,  I would have lost my mind by now.

I still wish it had not happened.  I still wish my mom was alive.   I still cry.  I still miss her.   But I know, by faith, that there is more to the story than we know. Sometimes God lets us in on a little bit of his plan now and then  but not always.  Until then, by faith,  I know that there is a reason and that I'm gonna be ok.  The pain gets less and less deep as the yrs go by.  I think it does for many people.   But  for me,  I think that God has been the one to bring me out of all of this as "sanely" as I am.    and for that,  I will always be grateful.

patty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »
Hi Amy, no, I didn't know you were in the UK.  I can call the states with a special long distance card which is very economical but it's only for the states so guess I'll have to pass on trying to contact your  friend, thanks for the reply.  Well, it was worth asking anyway, take care my friend, Patty

amy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »
Lor

It is very difficult I have had problems with my partners family too, I understand your frustration as I know it feels like we are the ones that stand by them everyday day in day out, just us and them and then when they die everyone comes out the wood work seemingly wanting a "piece" of them.

I have learnt that partly the way they act is down to their own guilt, this is never a feeling that they will publically show or admitt but its there, their guilt for not being there for not saying things, for the things they did and didnt do and yea it is hard and frustrating the way they act and the way they treat you, but you have to remember at the end of the day, it was you and him it doesnt matter what they do now cause it cant change what you had and it wont change the way you love him or he loves you.

Deal with it as calmly and gracefully as you can knowing that you have something they will never have which is his heart, his love and respect and although you may feel anger and resentment let them do what ever it is they feel they need to do to deal with thier own guilt and grief just remember that what you have in your heart and memory can never be taken from you.

Knowing your pain

Amy x

amy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 03:13:52 PM »
Lauren E

Yes you are right faith does aid healing and gives comfort, which is why i believe the different faiths came about, cause as emotional beings we cant bear to think that there is nothing more to life and that we will never see our loved ones again and so thats where faith and religion comes in, as our support net our comfort blanket cause if we have faith in god or whatever your religion states then its not so bad because it will all be ok in the end.

But i think what i am trying to say is yes faith is a wonderful thing and it helps millions everyday but that doesnt make it true, we put our hearts and souls into something that when it comes to the end may not even exsist. But i suppose when the time comes we wont know anything about it anyway so maybe religion does its job while we are here.

I dont know, and i certainly dont want to knock anyone elses belief or coping mechanism and i wish that i could just give in and have faith, cause i think it would help me through this to have an unshaken belief that its all for a reason and i will see him again, that would be wonderful and i envy all that are able to believe that, but i just cant stop asking questions and it seems the more and more i delve into it all the more unlikely it appears to be.

I have spent months researching it all since lukes death and it has left me feeling empty and depressed, i started off with the belief that there was definately something else but after constant research and theories i find myself lacking in any belief at all.

I hope more than anything that when my time comes i will be proven wrong and i can fall into the arms of my luke once more, I hope that maybe in the coming months that something will happen to make me think " I was wrong, he is here, there is more" I want nothing more than to be comforted by his presence and love and the knowledge of something greater. I would happily eat my hat and shout to the world that i was wrong if i could just find something just one little thing to show me that im wrong.

Amy x

pattie40

• Brighid inspire us
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 09:55:54 PM »
AMY X

I hope that you find something that will give you the comfort that you seek.
keep your mind and heart open. reach for the stars

pattie
magic happens