Author Topic: Lost my sister New  (Read 8723 times)

gwen

• View Profile
Lost my sister New
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:23:16 PM »
Hi Im new to this site my sister just died of cancer march 16th I miss her so much,our parents died when we were kids and all we had was each other,she was 50 im 53 we talked on the phone every day now I feel so lost all i do is cry. Im sure there is other people here that can relate to me im hoping to talk to some one, I told my sister that mom and dad would be there when she crossed over, and im sure they were .take care and God Bless you all   Gwen
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 06:30:31 PM by gwen »

Matts little sister

• View Profile
Re: Lost my sister New
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »
Dear Gwen,
I am so sorry about the loss of your sister. My brother Matt passed away suddenly at age 29 on February 15th.  It does hurt awfully bad to lose someone you are so close to.  I too am new to this site.  I have only posted a few times but I come here often b/c there are so many of us going through something that is so hard.  When Matt passed away I know my grandparents and my uncle Charles were there waiting for him, and I believe you're right that your mom and dad were waiting for your sister.  It gives me a little bit of peace at such a hard time to think that he is with so many that loved him.   Please know I am thinking of you and you can come here anytime you need someone to listen. 
Courtney   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:14:44 PM by Matts little sister »

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »
Gwen,
I agree, I too believe your parents were there with open arms as your sister crossed over. The loss your feeling is completely normal, and to cry every day is OK. I don't cry every day anymore, but trust me I do still have my days when I can't seem to gather myself together. Its been 8 years since my brother and  sister passed away. All I know is I feel I never "got over it", I just learned to live this new empty life without them. Come share more when you are up to it. Take care of yourself.
Middle sis

4EVRdarrensSIS

• Some people know their guardian angels..~/ \~..
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »
hi, gwen.  i am so sorry to hear about your sister.  i lost my brother to cancer.  on may 23rd it will be five years.....many days it feels like just yesterday.  he was only 29 and had his whole life ahead of him.  i miss him so much every day.  and like middle sis i don't cry every day but there are days....especially around this time of year....when he was in his final days.  your loss is so fresh, it's ok to cry every day.  it's good to let your emotions out.  in fact i don't think i stopped crying for several months.  i use to write a letter to him every night before i went to bed.  told him about my day and how much i miss him.  it helped me a lot.  i know in my heart that your parents were there with big smiles on their faces and arms open wide!  i know there were people their when darren took his last breath.  he was my only sibling and in a lot of ways i feel like an only child.  when my parents get older...i'm left to take care of them alone....it scares me.  my brother was the one person that could make me smile when i was really upset....he was, and still is, my hero.  he taught me so much about strength, courage, honor, meekness, humbleness, love.  all i know is even though they aren't here in person....they are forever in our hearts. 

p.s.  a read a book that helped me SO MUCH....the name of it is 90 Minutes in Heaven: A Death and Life Story by: Don Piper, Cecil Murphy....when you are ready you should pick it up.  tells about a minister who died in a car accident and was revived 90 minutes later......tells about what he experienced in those 90 minutes....i cried through the whole thing.....but it helped me.  it really helped me.  hang in there and just take one second at a time. 
[nofollow]

rachel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »
Hi Gwen. My name is Rachel. I will like to share with you that at John 5:28,29 states "All those in the memorial tombs will....come out." You WILL see your mom, dad ,and you beloved sister. God has promised.
                                         Rachel

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:24:59 AM »
Hi Gwen,

I'm glad you found this site so early in your grieving stage. I lost my brother Jan. 1 of 2006. I have been on this site the last few months and it really does help. I cried for months and months after my brother died. We were only 1 1/2 apart. I never knew I had so many tears.  My family grieved in all different ways and mine was crying.   I don't cry every day now, but I certainly do on my bad days. This process is a roller coaster ride, but just know that you have us here to let it all out. No matter what you are feeling, you can just get it all out and we all will understand.

jazzgirl