Author Topic: My brother's murder  (Read 10286 times)

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
My brother's murder
« on: February 19, 2007, 03:19:13 PM »
Seven years ago was the worst day of my life.  My brother was murdered.  I have so many emotions rolling around in my head, I feel like I may just explode.  Every anniversary of his death is hard, but this one is harder than most.  His killer only got a 15 year sentence and he was released early from prison, he only served 6  of his 15 years.  It is so UNFAIR that he gets to go on with his life, when he has taken a life.  Not to mention what he has put our family through and what we continue to go through.  Thanks for letting me vent..........needless to say I'm not having a good day.

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Re: My brother's murder
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »
Sorry for your tough day Sad Eyes.  Grief from murder is different and in many ways very,very difficult.  You sound like you are working with it.  Blessings to you and your family.  Are you familiar with the work of Lula Redmond?  She wrote a book some time ago for professionals on murder that was a landmark book.  I think the introduction is available online at amazon.  You might want to have a look at it.  The book is old but the info is excellent.  It's for professionals but I think you might be able to extract some things that might be helpful.

Tom
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Tom!  I am not familiar with Lula Redmond, but will go a look up this book.  I hope it will give me some insight on how to deal with this type of loss.  I have also lost my sister and parents, so I often feel very alone in dealing with the aftermath of my brother's murder.

Jeanneb

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »
Sad Eyes,

I'm so sorry for your pain and loss.  Dates can be so hard when we are missing our loved ones and especially their angel date.  I normally post on the child loss board but also have lost my brother.  With the stories of those of you who have gone through the legal system my heart just breaks.  I don't see the justice for the victims, there is just something terribly wrong with the system.

I wish you peace and strength to make it through the days ahead.

Jeanne

marie

• nospam
  • Patrick & Biscut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
I am so sorry about your brothers murder .My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I hope they catch who ever did it . LOVE AND HUGS MARIE PATRICK"S MOM

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
Sad eyes,
I am sorry I didn't get to post earlier. I know how tough the day our siblings passed is. Your right with your frustrations, how unfair this person gets to continue his life after taking your brother's life. Just know I am thinking of you and am here if you need to talk.
Middle sis

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 03:37:25 PM »
Thanks everyone for your support!!!  March is here and I'm feeling better now.   This February has been extra tuff this year knowing that the jerk who murdered my brother now has his freedom after only six short years in prison.  Until my experience with our criminal justice system, I always thought those who did unthinkable acts (like murder) were punished to the full extent of the law.  I now know that the laws are made to protect criminals and that they don't even have to serve their entire sentences if they take some classes in behavior modification.  I could go on and on about our criminal justice system, but I will spare you!  Hope all of you are doing well, take care.

Sad Eyes