Author Topic: Sean's Blazer, Jason and a favor to ask...  (Read 4237 times)

Penny - Sean's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • A Journey Continued
Sean's Blazer, Jason and a favor to ask...
« on: February 27, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »
First of all I have to say thank you again for the wonderful, caring support I've received here after Jason's accident earlier this month.  I can't tell you how much it helped to read your thoughtful replies and offers of help.  I wish I could say the rest of the world was as wonderful but honestly most of them look at me like I've lost my mind when I try to explain how hard Jason is taking this accident and how much it hurts me to not be able to make it better.

I am happy to say that physically Jason seems to be doing just fine.  He is still visiting the chiropractor on a regular basis and has to take it a bit easier than he'd like sometimes but he is back at work and it doesn't appear there will be any long term injury from this accident.

Can't say the same for Sean's Blazer.  I just got off the phone with the insurance company confirming that the Blazer is totalled and that we will buy it back for the salvage price.   I actually had tears streaming down my face when I talked to them.   I'm not even sure who I was crying for - me, Jason or Sean.  Probably all of us actually.

So here is where the favor comes in...

Before this accident Jason's girlfriend had talked to me about submitting the Blazer to the TLC "Overhaulin".  If you are not familiar with the show they basically kidnap someone's pet car and completely overhaul it as a surprise.  They find the cars they overhaul through a nomination process online.   Jason't girlfriend thought that the human interest story behind Jason's drive to fix up the Blazer would go far in the consideration process and just might land him and the Blazer on the show. 

Fast forward to now...I just got done submitting Jason and the Blazer to the show.  I'm not sure if it will help but I thought that if many applications come in with his story perhaps the chances of the Blazer being chosen would improve.   If you would like to help me out with this mission I have all the information and photos that you need and would love to email them to you so you can submit them as well.  The only thing you'll need that I don't have is a photo of yourself.  I'm also guessing that you'll want to put your own spin on why they should choose this vehicle.  If you would like to help this way drop me a note at [email protected] and I'll get what I have out to you.  I know it's a long shot but I figure it's worth the try.

Again, I appreciate the support and caring I've found here with all of you.  Thank you.

Wishing you peace...

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
Re: Sean's Blazer, Jason and a favor to ask...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:22:16 PM »
Penny - I just emailed you... would be glad to help!

xo Karen

Lori, Alex's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:41:13 AM »
Me too!

Peace and love,

Lori, Alex's mom

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:31:52 AM »
Penny I just e mailed you also and would be glad to help.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Johanna

• nospam
  • Micheal at Wonderland
    • View Profile
    • Micheal's Memorial Website
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »
I'd be glad to help Penny.  I've emailed you for the information.

I wish you the very best of luck!

Love and hugs,
Johanna, Micheal's mom

Who, then, can so softly bind up the wound of another as he,
who has felt the same wound himself?
Thomas Jefferson

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »
Of course I will help.

Dottie