Author Topic: Struggling with Grief  (Read 11850 times)

jillssister

• View Profile
Struggling with Grief
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »
I came across this website after looking for some ways to help me deal with my grief. I lost my sister on January 23rd and have really been struggling with my emotions and feelings. Her death was unexpected and I'm having a hard time getting my hands around it. I'm angry, guilty, frustrated, and so on. I want to cry but feel I should not when I'm around other people. I'm not one that asks for help or turns to others for help and I am really struggling with all of this. I'm hoping that I can find some support and strength through these boards.

middle sis

• View Profile
Re: Struggling with Grief
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
Jillssister,
I feel for you. Your loss is so recent, and I truely understand what you are feeling. I have always been the Helper, the strong one. Now , I just don't know how to ask and recieve the help. Its been 8 yrs for me, and i still just seem to muddle through.....putting on the mask. Not that its the right way to be, but that is all I know. Just wanted to let you know, I understand, as I am sure most of us do here, and to be kind with yourself. Maybe just coming here and sharing will help. We all listen well. Come and share more about your sister when you feel comfortable. Take Care
Middle sis

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
Jillssister,

First of all you have my sympathy for your loss.  All the emotions that you are feeling are normal.  Don't be too hard on yourself, after all you have not had much time to sort though all of the emotions that go along with a loss like yours.  I have lost a sister to cancer and a brother to murder, I can tell you that a sudden death of a loved one really hits a person harder than anyone realizes.  With an expected death you have time to say your goodbyes and greive before your loved one even passes away.  The nice thing about being on this board is that someone is always willing to lend you strength when you need it.  Take Care!

PAT B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 05:26:48 AM »
I am so sorry that you have become a member of this site.  I know if you are here, you have lost someone that was dear to you.  I am glad you found it though.  Since I have be here also struggling with the recent loss of my husband, I know what you are feeling.  I see it in every posting.  It does not matter what subject, what the circumstances are, or how long, the hurt is all the same.  I also have lost three siblings in untimely deaths. 

It hurts just as much as it does for the loss of my husband. I hope you keep coming and posting.  I will pray for you and you pray for me.