Author Topic: Onveiling Over  (Read 3561 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Onveiling Over
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »
Seeing my son, Jason's name on a monument stone, knowing what the wording would be, hearing the Rabbi speak of him made me cry, not the same kind of screaming cry as at the funeral but a more calm, just tears flowing down and down, large ones, kept on coming.  I did hear a few strange sounds coming from me but I let it all just come.  The stone and all the writing is beautiful and his friends said he would have approved.  I still can't help saying, why does he have to approve. Why is he not here with us?  But I am not alone, you all feel the same way and maybe, as the years go by and by, there will come a stronger peace.  Right now, the pain just hurts and hurts.  I got a  email that another of his friends just had a baby.  He should be having them.  Well, enough of this.  Thank you all for your concern and caring as we, my family and I went through this tribute.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Jeanneb

Re: Onveiling Over
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »
Rebecca,

I'm glad that you have this behind you.  I know how hard this was and somehow seeing their name on the stone, well even after 3.5 years I still find it so very hard.  I'm not one who goes to the cemetary.  I find it still very hard for me, I just don't like seeing his name, it just isn't right.

One of Philip's best buddies is getting married in a couple of weeks.  I can't even comprehend that.  I will go cause Josh wants me there but I'm not sure what to expect from myself.

It is just so darn hard.

Love and hugs,
Jeanne

Lori, Alex's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 09:18:51 PM »
Peace and love...

Lori, Alex's mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 06:52:44 AM »
Rebecca - so hard seeing their names in stone and that will just never be anything but wrong feeling..way too permanent somehow... in the beginning when Chris' stone was placed it was a place to go to talk to him.. to lay flowers, and little things we thought he would like and momentos on special days.. while it is still all of that.. I guess for me it has changed.. I guess I feel Chris more in my heart and feel like he is with me in a different way now.. so I don't feel the need to go there to be near him as I did at first.. don't know if that makes any sense...

I am glad you were surrounded by family and friends.. and know that I care.. and I think Jason was there holding you all the time..

luv and hugs, Karen

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »
Rebecca I am so glad that the stone turned out so beautiful and that you and your husband made it thru that trying ceremony.  I know I broke down when I first saw Donny's headstone in place.  I am sure Josh is happy with it.  But yes he should be here.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad