Author Topic: Just About Ready for Unveiling  (Read 4671 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Just About Ready for Unveiling
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:27:23 AM »
The food is all made, the house is straightend up, the sun is shining brightly and we are about ready to go and place the memorial stone on our son.  It burns in my heart that I have to do this.  Yesterday, I went shopping with my daughter and SIL and we walked into the POLO store. Jason loved Polo but they were always too expensive for me to buy them for him. When he made his own money and there was lots he would go and buy whatever he wanted.  I saw a family with a son about Jason's age and they were buying him all sorts of clothes.  I was sooooooo jealous.  I wanted my Jason back and wanted to buy him anything he wanted.. I just am so tired of hurting.  I want to be able to not hurt so much, to be thankful for what I do have but it seems to elude me.  All I want is why did he die; why didn't I see him; and I want reasons to not be burning all the time.  Soon we will be surrounded by lots of people, people who want to support us but don't know what to say.  People who have their own families in tact.   Yes, this is the only place that people understand.  I want so much to have my son and I know I never will.  I will write more after the unveiling.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Jeanneb

Re: Just About Ready for Unveiling
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:21:30 AM »
I know this is going to be hard but I am sending you all the strength I can.  I hope you post later and let us know how you are doing.  I'm sure the stone is going to be just perfect.  Also, glad that it is a beautiful sunny day.  Somehow when the sun shines it certainly helps.

Love and hugs,
Jeanne

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »
Rebecca
  Glad Family will be there with you and will pray all goes well. Holding you close to my heart today and know Jason will be there with you. Hugs  LaVonne

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 12:59:35 PM »
I am thinking of you!
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
I am thinking of you and Jason, and I DO understand.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 04:54:18 PM »
Rebecca - I hope it went ok for you - as good as it can.  I don't have many words today -just deep in thought and praying for us all.

Love to you
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Lori, Alex's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »
I hope you are feeling at peace.  If not, please know my prayers for your peace are there.

Lori, Alex's mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:39:45 AM »
Rebecca - I hope the ceremony was peaceful and that you were surrounded by friends and family who lent you their strength and comfort... I also hope that you were able to feel Jason close by you... do come tell us how you are doing when you can...

luv and hugs, Karen

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 08:14:07 AM »
Rebecca I so hope the stone is as beautiful as Jason and your love for him.  So sorry you had such a tough time at Polo, I stopped going to stores that Donny and I use to go to.  It got too embarassing with the tears all the time.

Hopefully you made it thru the stone ceremony without too much grief.  It is a hard time.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad