Author Topic: Disgusted  (Read 3078 times)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Disgusted
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:59:59 PM »
Ok guys I am absolutely going nuts. We have been in a Civil Suit with the man that killed our son since Aug of 2004. The court system in the State of NY is pathetic and dispicable. Anyway we finally have a pretrial hearing schedule for this coming Tuesday at 2:15 pm. Our attorney has assured us that this is it. He will leave that courtroom with either a settlement offer or a trial date. Doesnt anyone understand we dont care about the money> We could care less?????!!!!!!!!!!!Unfortunately filing a civil suit is the only recourse we have in this state. This man killed my son and his own son as well. His wife who still resides with him..who is still married to him has filed a civil suit against him as well...so this SOB is going to profit from killing my child!!I just cant stand this anymore...I honestly cant!!To top it all off as most of you know we attended the DMV hearing to determine if this "man" should have his license suspended in Nov. Yes Nov. almost 2 1/2 years after the accident. The judge from that hearing assured me we would have his decision in 30 - 90 days. I spoke with him mid January via phone and he told me his decision had been rendered, he couldnt tell me over the phone, but I would have my paperwork by the end of Jan.
It is now mid feb and I have heard nothing!!!I called this judges office last week and he has yet to return my call. We were so hoping to have this decision prior to the hearing on Tue.
Anyway...Im sorry, but I am just sick and tired of this ridiculous BS ...how do these people sleep at night? I surely hope they are never forced to walk in my shoes...maybe then they would understand.

Valerie (Kyle's Mom)

• nospam
  • Christmas Eve 2005
    • View Profile
Re: Disgusted
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 05:09:57 AM »
((Melissa))
I can sure see why you are disgusted...I cannot believe how the whole judicial system works, and how insensitive the judge could be to not respect you enough to call you, just leaving you hanging.  I don't know anything about that accident, etc.  But for things to drag on for such a long time has to be so hard on you and your family.  It adds to the overwhelming of grief and loss of your beautiful son. 

I just found out that there will be hearing in Kyle's case this coming Thursday, I had to sign a few documentsand send over night.  I know it all has to be done, but it is hard to have to go through it all just the same.

I won't be there since I live in Florida, but my ex and the attorney will be there, that was one document I had to sign saying that I wouldn't be present, but agreed on the suit.  It is with the insurance company, trying to fight a small settlement.  I don't care about the money either, but I don't think the insurance company should not pay since Kyle and Lance had paid up policies that were suppose to pay for accidental deaths.  These insurance companies seem to always try to wiggle their way out of paying, and by doing that we have to fight them, hiring a lawsuit attorney and paying him 1/3 of any entitled proceeds which just isn't right or fair. 

I hope all of what you are having to deal with soon gets resolved, keep your chin up and know that I am thinking of you and praying for it all to be behind you soon...((HUGS))  Valerie (Kyle's Mom)
Valerie R. Patton (Kyle Berry's Mom)
http://james-.memory-of.com

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:17:12 AM »
Melissa - I'm so sorry that it is such a struggle to get information about the judge's decision... I will never understand the workings of the legal system as it seems so contrary in so many ways and very disfunctional... it hurts even more at a time when that seems impossible...

My heart goes out to you and your family.. know that I am always here and I care.. as always if writing a letter would help at all I'll be right there with pen in hand..

I know you just wanted justice for your sweet Charlie, and that is so elusive.

hugs, Karen

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
    • http://dawn-ankney.memory-of.com.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »
Dear Melissa,
You are in my thoughts and prayers as Tuesday's hearing is approaching.  You have every right to be disgusted. 
Love and hugs,
Sharon - Dawn's Mom Forever

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
I so agree with you !!It is just not your State but MOST all States SUCK as far as any justice for victims anymore. Unfortunately it is ALL about money now. SO SAD:: :-[ I am truly sorry you are having to deal with all of this on top of losing your son.

IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS,
Dottie Tammie's Mom