Author Topic: Feeding The Squirrels  (Read 3017 times)

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
Feeding The Squirrels
« on: February 18, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »
Jo and Marianne, as I mentioned in the topic "What Makes You Happy" is feeding the squirrels for my Son.  I had built him several squirrel feeders which is simply a shelf you nail on a tree and has 2 long screws sticking up thru it.  We buy corn that is still on the cob from local farmers.  Stick the cobs on the screws and that is it.

I take great pleasure and happiness standing in my garage watching my favorite squirrel (the one that came to the front door) standing there eating the corn off the cob.  I call him Donny.....

I know kind of a different posting but just had to write it.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Jeanneb

Re: Feeding The Squirrels
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:24:55 AM »
I have 2 squirrels in the backyard that just play and play.  They are so fun to watch, just like little kids picking on each other and chasing up and down the trees.

I'll have to put out some corn for them, they certainly have emptied the birdfeeders.  I'm glad that they bring you some pleasure.

Love and hugs,
Jeanne

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:06:15 PM »
As much as i hate squirrels and talking about them i also smiled knowing how they do play and is fun to watch at times. It was not there fault but it sure brings back memories when ever i see them, which is often. thinking of you and Donny with the squirrels.  LaVonne

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 02:35:55 PM »
Oh, Don, I love the story about your sqirrels. When we lived in Tennessee we did alot of sqirrel feeding too, they are fun to watch.

I know your Donny loves that you named that sqirrel after him.

Thinking of you,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:31:40 AM »
Oh Don,

I think its fun that you call the squirrel Donny!  On Alek's angle date, my husband brought me home two puppies.  Once in a while, I call "Will" Alek.  I'll say, "Put that down, Alek"  "Come to Mommy, Alek"  "Don't even think about it, Alek".  My husband laughs and says, "You can call him Chance (My sister's dog), you can call him Buddy (My brother's dog) BUT, you can't call him ALEK. I can't help it - especially when he is doing something he is not supposed to.  It just comes out.  And, between you and me, I just love saying his name!

Once in a while, when I am really low, Will comes and snuggles in with me.  It's like he knows the pain I am in.  He will sit there and look out into the empty room and ruff at nothing in the middle of the room.  I just know in my heart that he can sense Alek.  I ask him - "Will, do you see him - isn't he beautiful?"  Kind of weird, I know - but it makes me feel better.

I am thinking of you Don!  Sending support and Hugs to you and your family!
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »
What a great topic!
After my Sara passed, my husband made 5 squirrel feeders.  Then we put up 4 hummingbird feeders, and 4 regular bird feeders.  When the squirrel feeders are empty.. they go for the bird feeders and I see them on the humming bird feeders too. They certainly are fun to watch. I can easily sit and watch them for hours. It's very comforting too.   And now because we have all this food outside... we get raccoons in the evening too.

=) Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »
I think it is pretty neat you call this squirrel Donny, bet Donny does too.

Love
Deb