Author Topic: What makes you smile?  (Read 5785 times)

Penny - Sean's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • A Journey Continued
What makes you smile?
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:29:23 PM »
I know this might be an odd topic but I thought it was worth asking...

What makes you smile?

For me it's the sound of the fountain Sean gave me just three days before he died.  Some of you have probably seen this fountain...it's the one with three "candles" surrounded by a base of rocks.  The water pours from the top candle to the next to the next while the candles flicker. When he gave it to me Sean said that he was sure it was the right one because it combined my two loves...candles and fountains.  Since the day I opened it it has resided in my main bathroom so I can hear it from my bedroom and from my bubblebath.  The sound of it makes me smile because I just know Sean is somewhere smiling because I'm enjoying it.

So...what makes you smile?

Wishing you peace....

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Re: What makes you smile?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 11:05:32 PM »
My children...my precious kiddos!!

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:19:45 AM »
Talking to my brother about Chris and all the happy times we had together... that makes me smile... remembering funny things he did or little quirks he had... sharing memories together..

Also my animals make me smile... just the smell of them and their little cute faces and the way they can calm me down when I'm upset...

luv and hugs, Karen

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 07:32:25 AM »
Penny

I smile whenever i see an Eagle or When something happens with no explanation. I know Jae is near. Where i work just seeing a smile on a residents face makes me smile. They are so precious. hugs  LaVonne

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »
I smile when I see squirrels.  Donny always loved squirrels and had multiple feeders for them he fed them every day as soon as he got home from work.  I am now following his tradition and have my own feeders. Two weeks ago one came from the feeder, sat on the front porch and was looking up at the front door.

I also smile when I look at the Policeman and Police Dog he gave me when I retired with a beautiful note on it.

Oh how we wish we could smile more.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

quint906

• Cory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »
I smile when Oscar (Cory's cat) gets into his crazy sleeping positions.  My favorite is dead kitty (excuse the expression).  We lays on his back, sprawled wide open.  I feel that Cory got this cat for a reason.  That reason is to make me laugh because Oscar seems to know when to cheer me up.  Also, I smile when I see deer.  Cory and I used to play a game when we traveled back and forth from Florida to Wisconsin, who could see the first deer.  Now, he sends them to me at the oddest times.  I've never seen a deer in the back yard, but lately, they are put right in front of me.  I asked for more deer and Cory sent me a big fox.  Another one of his little jokes.  I've never seen a fox here before.  As long as I keep getting these surprises, I know I can still smile.

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 12:24:14 PM »
Gosh, I smile when I remember something funny that Alek did.  I smile when my puppies jump all over me like they haven't seen me in hours even if it's just been 5 minutes.  It is strange, after I smile - I feel guilty.  Then, I cry.

Oh well - one step at a time!

Don,

My Dad used to feed squirrels too.  There was one in particular that would come right up to him for black walnuts.  After he passed, my mom would leave the nuts out for him - he came all the time for a couple of years.  Lately, he hasn't come by and that makes my mom sad.  But, we love talking about that squirrel and my dad.

Hugs!
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)

quint906

• Cory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 02:08:24 PM »
This is for Don also.  Every morning and every afternoon, I have to feed the squirrels and birds (plus my stray cat Thomas).  My mother has done this for many years and now it's my job since she's in a wheelchair and can't do it herself.  The squirrels ambush me a the front and back doors until I throw them extra peanuts.  This too, makes me smile.

Jo

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
I smile at Tammie's dog, he is so funny and loving very much like her:::

Dottie Tammie's Mom

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 08:56:53 AM »
Lots of thing make me smile.. and 5 years ago I didn't think I could do this.
Seeing my son laugh... seeing my husband laugh, mainly... because then for that one moment... we are not feeling any pain.
Remembering silly stories of Sara too can make me laugh..while looking over pictures or watching videos of her... seeing her make silly faces.. makes me laugh.
But... after all the laughing is done,  the tears come too.  But it's ok!

Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Johanna

• nospam
  • Micheal at Wonderland
    • View Profile
    • Micheal's Memorial Website
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 02:00:07 PM »
A year ago, or even 6 months ago, I didn't think I would ever smile again, but Penny's question, and some of the answers here, made me consciously realize that even though he isn't here physically, Micheal can still make me smile. 

Thinking about him doing his comic version of "bus driver, bus driver, open the door!" definately makes me smile...

...and hearing a song on the radio that I know Micheal really liked usually makes me smile too - thinking about him dancing around the kitchen to it.  Sometimes a song would come on and he would run over and grab me and make me waltz or two-step around the house with him.  We would laugh so hard!

Sometimes those memories will still make me cry, but mostly makes me smile now.

Love and hugs,
Johanna, Micheal's mom

Who, then, can so softly bind up the wound of another as he,
who has felt the same wound himself?
Thomas Jefferson