Author Topic: Scary Day (warning triggers) long  (Read 4380 times)

shelly Tristans mom

• View Profile
Scary Day (warning triggers) long
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »
Hello All,

I had a really scary day today.  I live in Central Indiana and have been under a blizzard warning all day today. 

I was calling around to various family members checking on everyone early this afternoon when the somebody beeped in on my cell. It was my next oldest son letting me know that my oldest son was in the hospital because he had been hit by a truck.
Adam, (oldest son)  had stopped on his way to work to help a woman who was stuck in the snow.  As he was walking around the vehicle a black truck slid by and the fish tail of the bed hit him and knocked him back about 12 feet. The women somehow loaded my 6' 2" 200 lbs son into his car and drove him to the hospital.

He is going to be okay. He has a few broken ribs and some cuts and bruises, also a contusion on his hip (honestly I am not sure what a contusion is), and a whiplash.   

They finally released him from the hospital this evening.

When DJ called me and told me about Adam I totally freaked out. My husband had gone down the road to help our neighbor who was stuck in the snow.  I called the hospital and they said they were sorry but they couldn't tell me anything. (this is what happened when Tristan died only it was the EMT'S) 

I was home alone with 3 little kids and no way to leave and couldn't find out anything about my son.  I just freaked out. 
Finally after about 30 minutes Adam called me and said that they had told him to call me and put my mind at ease.  (I had called the hospital 4 times)

It was horrible. Like reliving the day that Tristan left.  I suppose that that's why I am still awake at 1:00 am knowing that I am supposed to work in the morning.
(oh well we are still under a blizzard warning maybe I won't have to work) 

I can't handle these things like I used to. I just don't have it in me now to be the "stong one" 

I felt so bad for the kids that where here with me today. They didn't know what to do and I just couldn't get myself under control. I know that they are used to seeing me cry but they are not used to seeing me completely freaking out.

I hope I haven't traumatized them more than they already are.

Hopefully, tomorrow will bring a better day than today has been.

(((((((((Hugs to all ))))))))))))
Shelly, Tristan's Mom

Shelly, Tristan's Mom

sykeller (Ray's mom)

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Day (warning triggers) long
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:32:59 AM »
Shelly,

I am so sorry to read of your son's accident, I know how frightening it must have been for you.  So happy to know that he is going to be alright.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Praying for Adam's swift recovery,

Sy

leslie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »
Oh I'm soooo sorry. I know how things like that can put us right back there.....I am so happy that  your son will be ok....

Much love,

Leslie

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 06:35:21 AM »
Shelly,

That must have been very scary.  I am so grateful that Adam is ok.

breath easy
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Lori, Alex's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:42 AM »
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm glad your son is okay.

Peace,

Lori, Alex's Mom

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 08:00:51 AM »
Sorry to hear of your sons accident and hope he now on the mend. I also would have freaked out so you are not alone. sending hugs and hoping for a speedy recovery Lavonne