Author Topic: 2 new tragedies (warning)  (Read 2886 times)

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
2 new tragedies (warning)
« on: February 09, 2007, 08:32:12 AM »
I am just in tears this morning.. as I have read of two new tragedies involving Children.. First in my local paper there is a story of a 10-yr old boy who was skiing and hit a tree and died. Then there was a story in the New York Times about a 3-yr old boy hit by a truck (hit and run, like Chris).. and I am just in tears.. can't stop crying that these new families have been plunged into this journey tha no one asks to be on... and it is so wrong and so sad and it brings Chris' death right back to me..

I want to reach out to this local family but am not sure how to do this without it seeming weird... I remember the reactions my brother had to strangers sending him condolences and asking to help him after Chris died.. I do not want to intrude but what this family to know there is help out here.. and that we care...

luv and hugs, Karen

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
Re: 2 new tragedies (warning)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:30:32 AM »
Dear Karen,

I feel as you do.  I want to reach out to other parents who have lost children - but, I haven't because I don't know what to say.  I mean, I am a mess - what can I offer them?  What I have done is let someone near them (say the Funeral home) know about Compassionate Friends and other grief groups - so, they can let the family know.

I recieved books, pamphlets and etc... from other parents who have lost children after Alek died.  I was so thankful to them and I didn't feel like they were intruding.

Maybe further down the trail of grief, I will be able to be more helpful.  You, should do whatever feels right to you.

God Bless you.
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)

Jeanneb

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:38:28 AM »
Karen,

Back in September there was a boy (17) that was killed in an ATV accident here in our community.  I sent the parents an email via the local paper that the obituary was in.  I just let them know they weren't alone and my condolences.   The mom actually sent me a card and her email and we have emailed several times.  I also receive a xmas card every year from a family I do not know that sent a sympathy card when Philip died, just saying they understood.  It really has touched my heart.

I think if you are compelled, you should just reach out.  Tell them your story and that you know their pain.  You never know when that little gesture may make all the difference in their world even for a moment.

Follow your heart,
Jeanne

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
Karen,

Do what your gut tells you!!!!

LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,