Author Topic: Only three months since Alex has been gone  (Read 3329 times)

Lori, Alex's Mom

• View Profile
Only three months since Alex has been gone
« on: February 05, 2007, 03:35:25 PM »
Today is the 3 month mark.  And I'm still here.  It seems like an eternity ago but 3 months isn't very long.  It's hard for me to imagine living the rest of my life without him here, but I know that's what I have to do.

It just doesn't seem right.

Alex's mom

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
Re: Only three months since Alex has been gone
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:01:55 AM »
Lori,

As Judy said this journey is like no other and you are very new into it. I am at almost 17 months and it has been a ROCKY HURTFUL road to walk. Please know we understand and are here for you.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »
Lori

I'm glad you are still here.. I'm so sorry you are on this journey too.. and 3 months is both not long at all and forever all at the same time... hold on and keep breathing in and out... and know that there are many loving, caring parents here to help when the going gets extra tough...

Sending you and your precious Alex luv and hugs,

Karen, proud aunt of Christopher

Jeanneb

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:54:47 PM »
Lori,

It is so very hard.  How I asked myself the same question, "how do I live without Philip?"  After 3.5 years I still don't have an answer, I just do.  It is baby steps and remembering to breath with each one.  The missing doesn't go away, it just gets softer, the memories will eventually bring more smiles than tears.  How long that will be is different for each one of us.  Until that tiime comes, post often and know there are people here that DO understand and are walking with you.

Love,
Jeanne

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »
Those first months/years do seem like a eternity, as the years have gone for by and my boys remaining so close to my heart somedays I find it seems like yesterday and not so many many days without them. Hope Alex love and memories helps you through as my boys love and memories has helped me.

Love
Deb