Author Topic: This Week's Question...Reintroducing ourselves  (Read 3028 times)

John-Danielle Marie's Daddy

• nospam
  • Always Loving, Always Loved
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Marie's Memorial Website
This Week's Question...Reintroducing ourselves
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
Dear Friends,
Once a week, I will post a thought-provoking question(s) related to some aspect of our beloved child’s life/death. This may help several bereaved parents express feelings and emotions that we may not be able to express alone.

REMEMBER: There is no RIGHT or WRONG answers…only what each of us feels during these terrible times in our lives.

We had brief introductions of our sons and daughters last week.

Now, let's introduce YOU, the members of our support group, so we can get the feel for who you are.

I encourage you to do it, even if you normally don't write. The rest of us would like to know who is here reading our messages. :-)

QUESTIONS:
1. What is your name and where do you live?
2. What is your age range?
3. What are some of your: interests, hobbies, jobs, talents?
4. What are some of the things you've accomplished in your life?
5. What celebrity would you like to interview, and what would you ask him/her?
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why? How?
7. The wackiest (strangest) thing I ever did was....
8. The most difficult thing I ever did was…
9. My "likes" are…
10. My "dislikes" are…
11. My main goal for the next year is to
12. What do you want others in the group to know about you?

My Answers / Comments:

John, Connecticut

Middle Aged Adult -(42 to be exact)

Hobbies: Woodworking, computer repair and upgrade camping, hiking and fishing
Special Interests: I was a Cub Scout den leader, now I am an assistant Scoutmaster in my son’s Boy Scout troop.
I enjoy cooking and working around the house…Jack-of-all-trades…master of none.

I married a wonderful woman (21 years), who gave life to two incredible children, bought my home and raised 2 very polite, loving and respectful children.
Your successes? Started my own home business, became a successful Cub Scout Den leader and now an assistant Scoutmaster. Helped my son Jonathan become a good Scout, successful student and wonderful son. Helped my daughter develop into a good softball player, swimmer, bike rider and beautiful & loving young daughter.
Things you did that you feel good about?
I grew up into a mature, loving man. Started and raised a wonderful loving family and have the respect and love of many people that I have met in my life.

I would like to interview Eric Clapton and ask him how he survived the death of his son.
And tell him how much I like his music.

6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would turn back time and make sure that my daughter would NEVER leave me the horrible way that she did. Why? I HATE being a bereaved parent. How? ANY WAY POSSIBLE!!!!

Complete the following sentences:

7. The wackiest (strangest) thing I ever did was.... hang glide off a VERY high mountain in New Hampshire

8. The most difficult thing I ever did was bury my daughter, Danielle Marie

9. My "likes" are my family, sports, woodworking, food, good scotch and a good cigar,

10. My "dislikes" are people who are phony, reading about young people dying and being a “bereaved parent”.

11. My main goal for the next year is to survive the death of Danielle, be a better father and loving husband.

As I have stated in the past, this is a place where I NEVER thought I would need to be. I am grateful to all of you here to help us all on this journey. I hope that I will be able to lend the same love and support also.
Thanks you for being here.
Wishing You All Continuous Comfort & Peace,
John-Danielle Marie’s Daddy
1/4/95-2/20/06 (head trauma-motor vehicle accident)
“Her friendship was an inspiration, her love a blessing”

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
Re: This Week's Question...Reintroducing ourselves
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:19:30 PM »
Karen, Upstate New York, near Saratoga

I will be 43 in April

I enjoy horseback riding and spending time with my horse Red, ice skating, snowmobiling,  and playing with my dog Emma. I love music of all kinds and enjoy singing. I enjoy spending time with friends and family.

I am a loving wife to my husband Keith. I hope I am a good sister to my brother also. I have a group of loving, fun friends, for who I am grateful every day. I am a successful Graphic Designer, and have worked for the same company for 15 years. I am a caring "animal mom" to my two kitties, dog and horse.

I agree with you John, Eric Clapton would be good... same reasons

6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why? How?
Since Chris died, I find myself with no patience for people's petty issues and problems. I get irritated very quickly. I would like to change that, and learn to be more patient again... not sure how I will do that but it is a goal.

7. The wackiest (strangest) thing I ever did was....boy having a tough time with this one, guess I'm not a very "wacky" person, or maybe just not very adventurous?

8. The most difficult thing I ever did was…help my brother choose a casket for his only child and watch him bury his only child.

9. My "likes" are… family first, my animals, hanging out with friends, music and good food

10. My "dislikes" are… any time I hear of another child dying, watching my brother and Amy struggle through this world without Christopher, listening to people complain about their kids when they have no idea how lucky they are

11. My main goal for the next year is to complete the quilt I am making for Brian out of Chris' t-shirts and shorts, be a good wife to my husband, find ways to remember Christopher within our family gatherings, etc.  and continue to talk to my brother about how he's doing as time progresses

I am a woman who was unable to have children of my own, but I love my nieces and nephews very much and though I am not a parent myself, I miss my Christopher very much. I am very grateful to you all for allowing me to share here with you, it is very "healing" for me.

luv Karen

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Re: This Week's Question...Reintroducing ourselves
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:52:40 PM »
QUESTIONS:
1. What is your name and where do you live?Melissa - Charlies Mom
2. What is your age range?almost 30
3. What are some of your: interests, hobbies, jobs, talents?camping, backpacking, hiking and traveling with the family. 9 year old son in Jr Football my husband coaches I am team Mom. Scrapbooking, photography spending huge amounts of quality time with our kids. Fundraising and volunteering for Conservation groups and local animal shelter.
4. What are some of the things you've accomplished in your life?Having 4 spectacular children, marrying the love of my life who has been a wonderful father and friend, finishing nursing school.
5. What celebrity would you like to interview, and what would you ask him/her?Ansel Adams...I would love to just discuss his travels and Id be curiosu about what he thought of todays society.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why? How?Quit smoking...I have no idea how (thats the realistic goal) My ultimate goal would be to have my precious son back, we all know that goal isnt so realistic.
7. The wackiest (strangest) thing I ever did was....Hmmm I dont really know off hand
8. The most difficult thing I ever did was…Bury my precious boy
9. My "likes" are…My family, the outdoors, camping and being away from the BS of the real world
10. My "dislikes" are…Society today as a whole
11. My main goal for the next year is to, Try and live each day to the fullest.
12. What do you want others in the group to know about you?I am so very proud of my children and feel very lucky that I am able to be a stay at home Mom. I sure wish I could figure out how to post scanned pictures on photobucket so I could put some pics Charlie on here.