Author Topic: still missing my brother  (Read 6074 times)

Coco

• nospam
    • View Profile
still missing my brother
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:56:19 AM »
Hello everyone it has been two years last weekend that I lost my big brother who was 52 and died of an inoperable brain tumor.  Where did these two years ago? Now that I think about the time has been spent helping my dad cope through the loss of his only son, me going to a grief and individual support group and me trying new things to fill the void.
My husband has been extremely supportive but I do not want to burden him with my continuous discussions of how this was was so unfair and how I long for my brother to come home.  I was wondering how others try to fill the void of a person they loved so much? I thought new friends would cut it but it terns out they may be nice but no one seems to care the way he did.  Somedays I am better but other days I just cannot accept this reality.

Please let me know how you all cope,
Best,

Coco

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Re: still missing my brother
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
Blessings Coco.  This grief stuff takes a long time sometimes.  Of course it is all related to love.  If there is no love, there is often very little grief.  If there was a great deal of love, often there is a great deal of grief.  It sounds like there was huge love for your brother and that is something that honors him and you also.  Blessings to you as you work it through.  The key is to find ways to tell the story over and over.  By doing this we make the story a part of ourselves.
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Coco

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone ever feels that their family member that passed away was the key to keeping the family together?  Since my brother passed my family has completely fallen apart for one reason or another and it is a terrible lonely place......

Love to hear from you,

coco

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »
Coco,

The answer to your question is YES!!!!   I have read it here many times over the yrs that when a person died  their family went seperate ways and fell apart.   It happened in my family as well.   When my husbands grandparents died that was the end of any contact with his mothers side of the family as well.   I guess people just stop trying and dont take it upon themselves to step in and keep it together.

I am sorry you also have to struggle with it.   Im glad you are still writing here.

Lauren

never_healing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
i cant understand what it would feel like to lose my brother,after my dad did that stuff to me my brother was my safe haven,my guardian angel. when my dad died,my brother came to the funeral and held me and wouldnt let other ppl bother me cuz i only wanted his help and he knew that...he made me laugh after my own dads funeral.he would do anything for me..im sorry about your brother i really am i wish i could understand that pain but at the same time i dont want it to happen to me,my dad was enough,i cant lose my guardian angel to...

kelli
kelli----im never going to get past this....