Author Topic: Tragedy At VT  (Read 4963 times)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Tragedy At VT
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:16:30 PM »
I can only say that my heart goes out to all of those parents and families who have lost loved ones in yet another senseless tragedy. I will keep them close in thought through thse most difficult times, it appears tragically that many more moms and dads have now joined our ranks in a matter of just a few hours.
Thinking of you all tonight...and always.

adele

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy At VT
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »
Prayers to all who are dealing with this senseless tragedy. My brother and his wife taught at VT in the engineering building. They have long since changed jobs. Words just don't come at times like this.

Adele-Mom to Thomas(Forever Four)

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:00:51 AM »
Yes,... holding all at VT in my heart and prayers.. so many parents thrust into this path so suddenly.. the shock of it all is horrific.. my heart aches for all involved..

Karen

DantesDad

• Love you Dante - see you soon
    • View Profile
    • Dante's tribute page
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:04 AM »
33 sets (or more) of grieving parents - makes my heart cry out.  They are all in my prayers.

God bless you all as well!

Marty (Dante's Dad)

JenKellisMom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:54:47 AM »
Tragic.  Completely tragic.

I just keep thinking about how these parents have lost their children and they have to wake up in the morning (if they sleep at all) and deal with the fact that the world keeps on going.  We all know how difficult that is to deal with.  I look all around me and see that people are going on with their lives, and for these families, time is standing still.

Keeping everyone in my prayers.

Jeanneb

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:18:15 AM »
Just so horrific.  I felt such overwhelming anxiety with all this news.  How we know the grief this people are just entering.

God help them all.

Jeanne

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 05:00:18 PM »
I too thought of all the parents, siblings, relatives.  They all went to bed the night before, as most of us did, and found out the next day that their child died, died a tragic death.  What I find so horrific is that no one in my work world has said anything about it.  No one said anything to me that I know first hand what it feels like to lose  my child.  I wonder if people think if they mention that "my child died" that it will be a reminder.  Wake up folks, I would like to say, everything you say is a reminder but it is better to talk about it than not to mention it at all.  I feel very sensative today and sadder than sad.  I thought of all of you right after I heard the horrible news and think of all of you as the news continues.  Added to this, in our small little town, a 19 year old boy shot his g/f and they are still alive, on life support.  Then a husband shot and killed his ex wife and then killed himself.  So here we have four trageties and then a soldier was killed in Irac, now we have five in our little town and then a sixteen year old boy shot himself... he thank G-d is alive.  What is happening?
Rebecca Jason's Mom

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:01:10 PM »
I am watching the special on 48 hours, my stomach is churning, my eyes are burning and my heart aches!!If I hear one more newscaster say the healing is now beginning I am going to scream!!!!!Those students, teachers, friends and families havent even begun to heal...they havent even buried their children, brothers, sisters, friends and the media is already calling for the beginning of healing!??
How those who dont know have no way to understand that those who have lost the ones they love, those who are saying goodbye forever to their children have only just begun to walk this path of grief.

leslie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »
Wow, I am downstairs because I can't watch anymore on  tv. After almost 7 years, I still can't handle the extreme sadness this brings. I'm sorry for all the new "members" of this "club"...it will get better....I promise.....

Leslie, Jareks moms

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 09:22:46 PM »
It is so sad.
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)