Author Topic: childloss  (Read 2311 times)

carebear

• View Profile
childloss
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »
my name is kerri and i have lost custody of my children because of my drug addiction. Even though I'm in recovery for my addiction I do not get to see my children because i reliquequished my maternal rights. I feel like a part of me has been taken from me and the 11th of this month is my oldest son's birthday he'll turn 9 yrs old. It is hard to believe that I haven't been in his life for that long. I feel like a complete and utter failure because i had to give my son up.

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: childloss
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »
Kerri,

I am so sorry for all that you are going through.You have found a site that is very supportive & healing.  You might find that the Grief Not Related to Deaths forum might be a place you would feel more comfortable.  The parents & relatives in this forum have had a child who died.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:22:13 AM »
Drugs are a very powerful thing but I have seen people overcome them, but it takes a long time and the most important part is that there is a true commitment, regardless of the consequences to quit.  As I am sure you have been told, time and time and time and time again, you must completely change your life.  The people you hang with, etc.  There is no "just a moment" with someone who has been helping you, feeding you drugs and bull shit about u.  It takes a lot for children to be taken away from parents but you have to straighten yourself out before you can ever be an effective loving mother.   I think you can feel good about the fact that the children are in a safe environment.  They never asked to be born but once done, they deserve the best.  When I say best, I do not mean toys, computers, etc.  They need consistent love.  But  u must love yourself first and work on your demons.   As Dena said, there are other sections on this site that you might be more comfortable. Our children died, we will never be given the opportunity to hold, kiss, love, nurture them.  If you child has been taken away permanently, one that child is of age, and you are clean and sober for a very long time, you may be able to establish a relationship.  Until then, please concentrate on what  you have and not what you don't have because only that will take you down.

Rebecca Jason's Mom

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:55:57 AM »
Good Luck on your recovery. These other ladies said it all.

Stay sober,

Dottie Tammie's Mom

Paula (Adam's Brokenhearted Mama)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:11:52 AM »
Carebear: Your treatment providers can help you sort through these feelings. I was the Director of Nursing for such a place for ten years and it's just my opinion that this is not the best forum for you for many reasons.