Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 4148 times)

Johnboy2305

• View Profile
Good Morning!
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:16:14 AM »
Hello everyone,

My name is John Grubb, Im 23 years old. I found this site around two years ago now give or take, but its been a while since i have checked in, i had found some invaluable people on this website who had some insite on coeping with the loss of my mother and father Dec. 23 2005, its coming up on three years now since they have passed away, and what a journey it has been, my life has be flipped dipped tossed trown from side to side to land completely perfect. Im here to check in and give those people who are where i was three years ago, first of all I can say life works out so far for me its been doing so very well. I have since joined the Canadian army, its been a complete year in August, and the best thing to ever happen to me happened, I met the love of my life eight years  ago in elementry school, but didnt know it till a short three months ago, when she contacted me on facebook, and its all been amaizing since, I have asked the girl to marry me, and she said yes, she was pregnant when i met her, and im very excited to have the chance to raise her little boy right along side, i feel very fortunate for this opportunity. This girl is completely amazing in so many ways, and she gets along with my entire family like shes known them since we were children, she has more respect and good in here then 20 people put together, she cares for the next person, and the best thing is, is that her parents are old fashioned just like mine, I love her and her family the same, Im so excited to spend the rest of my life with this girl. I feel my mother and father would have loved her with out thought. So for those of you who may remember me, i thank you for al the help you had given me in the past in my time of sorrow, i couldnt have made it this far with out you all, thank you so very much, I will never forget.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »
Bless you Johnboy and many happy years with your special girl. You have the heart of a lion! Sincerely, Terri

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:31:20 AM »
Hi Johnboy,
   I still check this board out on a regular basis. I am happy to hear that things are going well for you now. Congratulations with your engagement. I wish you all the best. I'm sure that your parents would be happy for you. I think that your fiancee is a lucky girl. PS. I am from Canada too.

Donna B.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »
So happy for you John, I am new to this site(a little over 2 mos.). But it is good to hear a good story from someone who has had such a great loss as your parents. So Sorry about that. I lost my husband and this site has given me many friends and people who have helped me so much. I hope to one day be in the same place your are now. Best wishes to you.

Donna

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »
I second what Donna said, that it is good to see you have been able to move on  and function and continue living in a good way. We slowly, slowly go that direction without our loved ones but it sure is different. Good luck to you and I have no doubt your parents would fully approve and love your fiance.

patty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »
It great to hear you have found happiness, good for you, Patty

Vikki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
Hello John,

I am so glad to read this encouraging post.  So sorry to hear of your loss --I have been through a tough year after we lost my mom ( so many changes and setbacks)

I often wonder When I can really get my own life back.

Your message is proof that things do turn around -- and that we can be truly happy again!

Vikki

sonya_lonely

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:45:47 PM »
Hey John,
I am so happy for you,the girl you met,i  mean its just so wonderful.
You sincerely are a great guy and i admire you...
I wish you loads of happiness and wish you all the joy throughout your life...
GOD bless you both,
Best wishes from the core of my heart,
Sonya