Author Topic: just checking in  (Read 4543 times)

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
just checking in
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:34:20 AM »
Just thought I would check in. Haven't been here in years. Grandkids just graduated from school. I am still working just can't seem to quit.  I have to be kept busy.  Going to go to my sisters this weekend for a 5K walk/ Run.  My mom died 2 yrs ago in May, My MIL died 2 yrs ago in Nov, and My BIL died 1.5 yrs ago in Feb. There was a lot of not so good days. We now are at the top of the chain so to say, Everyone above us is gone.  We are the oldest now.  Hubby not doing so well.  He has tremors and shakes a lot. talk more later hugs to all and Bless all the new ones on this journey. LaVonne

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: just checking in
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:57:56 AM »
Hi LaVonne,

You sure are busy...wow. A lot going on. I understand what you mean by being at the top of the chain. My BIL just died in July and my sister is just devastated. But my greatest losses, of course are my children. We never know what may come around the next corner and what we will need to live with.

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing what's been going on with you and yours. I always love hearing from you.

Hugs & Love to you, :love9:
Terry

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:03:04 PM »
LaVonne,
My SIL who just lost her 2nd child said that we have more upstairs than down here with us. As we age that is the truth. I agree with you Terry that every other loss pales in comparison to losing our children. We just hang in and try to make the most of life and enjoy the blessings that we do have.
Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:46:35 AM »
Jaes angel date is fast approaching and I took a few days off. Shaelyn rode horse at fair so spent 4 days with her at the fair. It was hot and
long days. I will check in later have to get to farm. I always plant a big garden so will have a lot to can.