Author Topic: On a happier note for me  (Read 306 times)

JustMark

• View Profile
On a happier note for me
« on: June 16, 2018, 06:32:20 AM »
Thought it would be nice to post something happy for a change. Today is the 15 month date of Gina's passing but there is a happy event taking place as my oldest daughter Dawn is getting married today around 4:30 this afternoon. Dawn has been running around the last couple of days with arrangements and picking things up and having me tag along for a few things. Dawn and Josh made the announcement 3 months ago and took care of the planning and arrangements so a lot of Dawns running around the last couple of days are last minute changes and aren't really that big of a deal but you know how brides are. She keeps running in circles. It's more just last minute nerves. Last night most of the bridal party was at rehearsal and it took Dawn a half hour of discussions to figure out which grand parents or parents should come down the aisle to be seated first, my mom or her mother's grandmom. Josh's grand parents died several years ago. So there is only two grandmoms for her to chose from. I'm sure some of the ladies here can relate. Anyway I'm due at the hall for some last minute decorating and prep.

Caspercat

• View Profile
Re: On a happier note for me
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:09 AM »
Hi Mark.  I hope all went well : )
All the best!

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: On a happier note for me
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 05:45:08 PM »
Hi Caspercat, it was very nice. It was a very beautiful outdoor ceremony and the reception and was a big hit with everyone. It turned out real well. I can't remember going to a better wedding reception. It wasn't large nor was it small as they had right around 90 or so guests. Their decorating theme was Burlap and wood. The display tables and cake and desert tables were actually stacked pallets that had a plywood top covered with a nice table clothes and trimmed in burlap leaving the pallets underneath exposed. All the tables everyone sat at had had a 1 ft burlap runner going across the top of the table cloth and the center piece was a slab of a log 2 to 3 inches thick and about 12 inches across that had been cut with chainsaw then clear sealer applied by me a few days earlier. On top of the wood slab was a nice little floral arrangement of white flowers and a small white lantern with lit candle. It was very well done and the caterer did an excellent Texas Barbecue style dinner. I had never seen a theme of burlap and wood but it gave it a nice relaxing down to earth atmosphere that I couldn't accurately describe completely as it was simplistic but a very beautiful touch. No one got ridiculously drunk and nice assortment of music that wasn't too loud that people could talk without shouting and have a normal conversation. I don't know of anyone that didn't enjoy themselves at the wedding and reception.