Author Topic: Daily struggle missing both parents  (Read 63 times)

Unkn0wnAngel

• View Profile
Daily struggle missing both parents
« on: January 07, 2018, 12:25:53 AM »
I lost my mom when I was 14, just entering high school, to pancreatic cancer, she lasted 7 months after her diagnosis. Then 4 years later just after high school graduation I lost my dad to a heart attack. Now Iím 21 about to graduate college in 4 months and I struggle a lot with their loss. All I ever wanted most of my life was to make them proud and I wish they could see me now. I want to tell them so much about my life since itís been so long and I just want to hear what they have to say. Sometimes I sit and wonder how Iíve got this far without them to talk to. They were such a big part of my life. Thinking about college graduation without them breaks my heart because itís all they both ever wanted for me. And I wonder how Iíll get through the other major events in my life like getting engaged, married, having children. I do have my boyfriend of 7 years and heís great but heís just about all I have and I feel like I put all this pressure on him to be what I need because my parents arenít here and Iím not close with my family whatsoever. He lost his dad almost 9 years ago at 15 but heís still got his mom and siblings that heís close with and Iím an only child. Sometimes itís all just so hard and overwhelming and I would give anything to see them and talk to them one more time. I donít really have any friends and those people I do talk to donít understand at all. Loss is such an incredible experience, someone youíve known youíre whole life suddenly isnít there anymore. They donít exist anymore. I just miss my parents they could be my biggest cheerleaders for the special times in my life and a shoulder to cry on and someone to always go to for advice and someone who was just always there when I was lonely sad or upset. I just donít have that constant in my life anymore. Youíd think after this many years I wouldíve come to terms with it. But life without parents sucks. Sucks so bad. And Iím terrified itís going to affect my ability to be a mother in the future. Iíve always wanted kids but I donít know how Iím going to handle it since I donít have parents. Like why did this happen to me. My whole life has been a rough struggle through hell. Why.
Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks to anyone who actually read all this.

Terry

• Administrator
    • ďGrief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.Ē ĖVicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Daily struggle missing both parents
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »

((((UnknOwnAngel))))

I'm so sorry to read of the great loss of both of your precious parents. So young to lose two extraordinary people. And I believe that they 'can' see you and that they are with you, always.
With every major event in our lives there is always a sadness when we're unable to share it with those we love. My Mom died when she was 48 and I was young, too. I'll always miss her because I loved her so much. I don't think that missing ever goes away, it just becomes a part of us, a very manageable part of our lives. We bring with us all of the experiences from our loving parents into our future and they continue to mold us into adults.

'You' are proof that your parents existed and all of the love in your heart is because they loved you so much. You are their 'product.'
And when the time comes that you decide to have your own children, you will know in your heart that it's the right time. Take the time to heal your heart, as long as that might take.

Welcome to Webhealing.

Hugs,
Terry