Author Topic: Hi Mark  (Read 4922 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Hi Mark
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »

Hi Mark,

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you have company or was it just a quiet day?

Thinking about you.

Hugs,
Terry

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: Hi Mark
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »
Hi Terry, Thanksgiving was just me and my mom this year. It was quieter then usual with no grand kids or nieces and nephews but it was still nice. I haven't gotten on here as I was before because as it seems like the last month and a half each week I have a different emergency. One week Two Toez was sick so I got him taken care of then the next week my oil furnace wouldn't run so so I pulled out the burner blower assembly and rebuilt it and ran new line so I got that wrapped up. Two days later refrigerator stopped running. I tried a few things that could cause it to stop running. That didn't fix it so called GE so they can get a tech on it. Now I got the Van in the back parking pad somewhat dissected and transmission to the shop. So I'm having fun. There has been other stuff happening here and there too. So I don't get upset and just do what I can and keep my sense of humor.   

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:55:42 AM »
Mark,

Glad to read that all is well with you.

Thanks,
Terry

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:50:27 PM »
Hi Terry, it's been a litle hectic for me for the last 2 months. About a month and a half ago started getting shooting pains in my right leg and Ortho started me on PT. The arthritis in my back has gotten to the point that it's putting pressure on the nerve to my right leg. They started me on Gabapetin as the pain meds I was on had no impact on the new pain in my right leg. The new med and PT really do help with the new pain. More then I thought it would. So they will not need to operate but will eventually if the pain returns. It also look like I'll be loosing one of my dogs, Tunnie in the near future. She had stopped using her left front leg and I got her to the vet and the Xray shows bone cancer and the vet said she will probably have to put to sleep in 30 to 60 days. It will depend on how she continues to respond to pain meds. Eventually the pain meds wont be insufficient to kill the intense pain and I'll have to put her to sleep just before she gets to that point. As for now I still have time with her. I just wont be able to do some of the things like walking her like I did.  Other then that she is doing ok for now. I do have to help her up and down steps. Tunnie has prompted me to cook some things that she likes on her food like home made chicken noodle soup, sausage gravy and a few other things she likes added into her food to keep her appetite up. So I make sure to make large batches and make sure there is plenty of left overs for me, her and the other dogs. I still haven't heard any of them complain. So in the mean time I just take it one day at a time and watch her for pain and rub her leg to sooth it and medicate as needed.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:48:13 PM »

Hi Mark,

Sorry to read of your health problems and sure hope that soon you'll be on the mend. Also sorry to learn about your "Tunnie." I'm going through similar here with my baby. Clapton turned 21 in September and it's just one day at a time now. He needs help getting up as the arthritis is bad in his hip. He's on lots of good meds and seems pretty happy but slowing down each week.  He'll let me know when it's time - they all let me know. It's heartbreaking so I understand what you're going through.

Keep in touch and please let me know how Tunnie is doing. You have each other and that's a lot. :love9:

Sending big hugs to you and give a scratch behind the ears from me to Tunnie.

Love,
Terry

Raven2017

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 07:06:12 AM »
Hi Mark,

Just read your post and am sorry to hear about your health issues.  I hope you are feeling better.  I hope Tunnie is managing her pain as well as you can.  I sympathize with you, I have had a few dogs over the years and the older one I have now is 15 and really starting to show her age.  They do bring us lots of unconditional love so it is a hard time.
Take care of both yourself and Tunnie.

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 08:54:04 AM »
Well, PT seems to be helping and they also bumped up the Gabapentin. It was originally prescribed as a sleeping aid but it turns out it can also be used to help with neuropathic pain so they have me on it through out the day at a low dose. It does seem to help. I wish it was good news about Tunnie but it obviously clear what her vet meant when he mentioned the bone cancer was aggressive. He had given here 30 to 60 days and just short of a month on the pain meds since being diagnosed the meds are still good at relieving the pain but her shoulder is now more then twice the size it was and there is now a hard mass feels like a rib bone or one of the ribs is 3 times it's normal size about a foot long from shoulder to back bone. I'll probably be putting her down this coming week as this morning she got me up at around 4 am to let her out for the nathroom and it looks like now she is showing blood in her urine. So anybody that knows anything about dogs like I do knows what that means. Just got off the phone with her vet so that when it's time they will handle her cremation. So she won't be much longer. I'm holding up ok.

This last month I have done more cooking to pamper her then I have at any other time since Gina has passed. Two large pots of home made chicken noodle soup and two pots of beef stew. The crew of dogs I got love it on their dog food and Tunnie sure as heck didn't eat like anything was bothering her. You put that home made chicken noodle soup on her dog food you are lucky to pull your hand back with all of your fingers. She loves it.Anyway that's the only development. Between PT, Tunnie and working on the house the guitar took a back seat for a bit but it looks like I will be able to get back on schedule.

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »
Hey Mark,

I'm so sorry to read of your health issues and your dog"s health issue.  I know that's so hard.  I've had to end the lives of three much loved cats since my husband died.  One the same year he died.  It kills me every time. And every time I say I will never get another one.  Oops, I did it again.  Only this one is kind of nuts. Never had a bad one before.  All of them were strays or rescues.  This one was in two shelters in two different counties before I took her.  She is not a good, sweet cat.  But I still have hope for her to get there.

I hope you will have some comfort during this process and that your own health issues will improve.

Peace and Healing,

mousewife

Raven2017

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 05:46:42 AM »
Hi Mark,

I'm thinking of you today.  I hope everything is still going as well as can be expected for Tunnie.  These are hard times for you.  I hope you've been able to pick up your guitar a little more often....from reading your posts, it seems to help you.  Take care of yourself.

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
Thank you Mousewife and Raven, as far as my health the Gabapentin and PT are really doing the trick. I haven't experienced any more pain this last month and I been doing the PT exercises at home now. Tunnie is a different story though she is starting to slack off on eating. Skipping meals and when she does eat it's only about half of what she eat and Sox and Two Toez takes turns laying on the floor by her bed to alert me. Two Toes offered her his favorite chewy. So there isn't much more I can do for her so I'll finalize the arrangements with the vet for the beginning half of next week. I have picked up my guitar and gotten back into daily practice. I also got another guitar. A hollow body so I can learn some styles of blues and jazz. I didn't practice today though. My heart wasn't in it as it's Gina's anniversary. It's now been a year. As I look back one minute it seems like I've done a lot and the next I wonder if I did anything at all last year.You wonder where the time went and then realize how many times it seemed to drag on. I still feel a sense at times that things are going to be ok. I catch Tunnie looking off like she sees, hears or senses something. She will suddenly lift her head and look up in the direction of the hallway or the other side of the room and once in a while she will howl like we all used to do when Gina and Sarge were still here.