Author Topic: Thinking of you all this holiday season  (Read 4488 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Thinking of you all this holiday season
« on: December 23, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »
Wishing you all peace and love and wonderful memories of your loved ones this holiday season. And, please stop by when you find the time and share your holiday plans or if you are not celebrating the holidays, I would like to hear from you, too.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah.

May your memories be gentle and may they bring a smile to your heart.

Love & hugs, :love9: :love9:
Terry

Lacemaker

• View Profile
Re: Thinking of you all this holiday season
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 08:36:14 PM »
Been a very rough Christmas. First without my sweet mama. My family got together and I went. But for the first time felt like an outsider with my family. Which my family has been very cold to me since losing mom. I was the one with her and couldn't get her to the hospital in time. So there is lots of blame floating around. I thought us all getting together might help. I was on the road 4 hours that day to be with them. And to boot not one mention of my mom which I felt was wrong. It would have hurt but really. My mom and I always loved Christmas. The lights, trees and decorations and shopping. We did a lot of this together. I wasn't going to put up my tree but I did get that done, but that's all. So as much as I love Christmas I'm just glad it's over. Sad to say that. I waited till last minute to do shopping and such and then tried to cram it all in the last week.. major stress.. so glad this forum is here. God Bless who started it and keeps it up and running for us all.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of you all this holiday season
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:59:17 PM »

Sure do understand how stressful it is to go through those motions and to wear that mask. It's exhausting.

I'm so sorry that you felt you didn't belong. There's so much pain and so much blame when a loved one dies and it comes from all directions.

Thanks for sharing.

Sending you big hugs (((((((Lacemaker)))))))
Love,
Terry