Author Topic: My Mom  (Read 67 times)

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
My Mom
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:36:01 AM »
Today marks 13 years since my mother passed away in 2004. She passed away suddenly although, she hadn't been feeling well for some time, and we realized in the end that she had received an incorrect medical diagnosis from her doctor. I loved my mother dearly. We didn't always have a perfect relationship, but in the years preceding her death, I was incredibly close to her and as always knew that she was my closest ally. I miss her every day, but especially today when I realize how difficult the first years were when she had first passed away. To all of you, who are new to this journey and have recently(or not) lost a loved one, my message is that it does get easier with time. You will never forget your loved one. The memories will eventually make you smile, and the tears will dry, but the love does not end. I love you Mom and I always will.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My Mom
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »
(((((Irene)))))
"One thing I've learned on this journey (it's been a year and a few days since my husband, Tom, died of cancer), is that in the beginning, there is a lot of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back shuffle." - RobinBlue - Spouse Loss

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: My Mom
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »
Thank you for the hugs Terry. I am sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. This list was a godsend for me for several years, and although I seldom come here now, I am always aware of how helpful the people on here have been. Hugs back to you Terry.