Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mark!  (Read 84 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Mark!
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
Happy Birthday Mark! :occasion13:

Hugs,
Terry

"One thing I've learned on this journey (it's been a year and a few days since my husband, Tom, died of cancer), is that in the beginning, there is a lot of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back shuffle." - RobinBlue - Spouse Loss

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mark!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 08:42:05 AM »
Thank you Terry, I find it hard to believe I hit 56. Where does the time go? It just seems like yesterday I graduated from high school with all the dreams of a teenager and his guitar. A wild child out to set the world on fire wi9th no intentions on going to college unless I majored in music, was never going into the military and going to be financially set by the age of 21. Luckily every single one of them were never achieved. Actually they were replaced with more realistic ones as I got older and the new dreams became real. I went to college for engineering, went into the Army, put the guitar away and became a dad and now with wisdom look back through the years I actually did more then I originally planned and understand that both the good and bad that I went through is what  it took for me to become the person I am today. It's a good thing too because if my original dreams would have came true I would not have learned to appreciate anything given to me nor the hard work and sacrifices of others. It took both the good and bad I went through and that appreciation to make me the man I am today.

Raven2017

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:52:05 AM »
Happy Birthday, Mark!
It is funny how fast time goes when you look at our ages.  I am 57 and my oldest daughter just turned 35.  I look at her and wonder how is that possible when I am not that old and then I remember that I am....it's kind of funny.  I hope you enjoyed your day in a way that was good for you.

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
Thanks Raven, My oldest daughter is 34 and Angel , my youngest is 32 and it seems like everyday as I went through life I wasn't tracking everyday and all the events but every now and then reality sets in and you wonder how it all seemed to go by so fast. I think what really does it as you look back through time you start to realize how much you have changed over the years from when you first started. You start out with little to no responsibilities or any real worries and then you see yourself grow in responsibilities, achievements and both good and bad you go through and realize how you turned out as an adult now. The scary part is I started off as a wild child and how I am now is completely different. Not afraid of responsibilities or commitments, always try to help others and not so self centered, sort of reserved and I even still have a semblance of military bearing and discipline. I'm not sure how to describe but I still have my moments of sorrow and missing Gina but it seems more like at times I have more of a sense of completeness or I've come full circle and no need to rush sort of like a calm in the middle of a storm when I see whats taking place in the world around us. I'm still not sure I'm describing it right but it's fairly close.