Author Topic: Dad's Birthday (JustMark)  (Read 4712 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Dad's Birthday (JustMark)
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »
"Happy Heavenly Birthday, Dad!"

((((Mark))))

Remembering your Dad's Heavenly Birthday today and holding you close in thoughts as you deal with these two dates so close together....Bless your heart. :love9:

Hugs,
Terry

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: Dad's Birthday (JustMark)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 04:20:55 PM »
Dad, I really miss you but still very proud you raised me. I couldn't be more thankful to God for a father like you. I would have loved to have seen you with my grand kids There have been so many things that has happen since we buried you on your 75th birthday back in 2001 and Gina I used to talk to you about with your personality some how similar to yours. I believe you may have met her buy now as I lost her in March of last year. Gina loved to hear me talk about you and the many lessons that you taught me. The first thing I learned from you was to be a good man. Strong and firm when necessary warm and caring most other times but always honest with uncompromising ethics and principles for your self and always willing to listen. Well dad last moth Gina gave me a sign to let me know to let go and she was tired of seeing me alone because 2 days later I met Sharlene and due to other events I know God's hand is on this one too. She has children and her oldest child is a son, a young man in the army.  One night as we got to know each other the conversation got to things we liked about each other and the first thing she said was she has never seen a better father. Thank you dad, I'm humbly grateful. When Shirlene said that I reflected and remembered the first time I was in uniform and saluted you as a young private and you tried to give a proper salute in return but was over come with pride and from welled up eyes and a tear on your cheek you regained your composure and returned it. When Shirlene said that to me I reflected speechless for a few moments looking down as she understood she hit something important as with welled up eyes and a tear on my check I told that I just try to be like you.