Author Topic: Pet loss  (Read 2577 times)

Depleted

• View Profile
Pet loss
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:42:16 AM »
Loss of a pet is much akin to losing any other member of the family.  I knew his expected time is much shorter than mine and I tried to make myself to be prepared for that eventuality but there's no way to bolster feelings when I see the empty place where his water dish and food bowl used to be.

He was my friend, my buddy and my cofidant.  Move on - get another?  But no, there's nobody that can replace that bond that we shared and furthermore it would be disrespectful of me to consider it.  Do dogs go to Heaven?  They say not - that they don't possess a soul - but I find that hard to believe.  I read one fellow's comment; "If there aren't any dogs in Heaven, then I don't want to go there either."  Maybe he has a point.

We came from different backgrounds and we had different abilities and different attributes - but we both shared a communication as was expressed in a touch, a glance or a murmur.  As different as we were, we shared a common experience as we were each entities who each shared that spark of life that was undeniable.  He was my friend.  My heart cries out.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Pet loss
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 07:36:13 PM »
Depleted,

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a link to the Pet Loss site. There are so many others there that will respond with kindness and you can share of your loss openly.

http://www.petlossmessageboard.com/?forum=62448

Love,
Terry