Author Topic: I lost my mom April 10th 2017  (Read 3515 times)

dawnshy

• View Profile
I lost my mom April 10th 2017
« on: April 23, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »
  :tearyeyed:  I am not crying much unless I am around my dad and we talk about her. My emotions feel stuck most of the time. And I isolate at home for now. She had a chronic illness for 20 yrs. As I do too and glad there is a board to talk about that there because there has been some anger that's a part of grieving and my sister in law does not understand my pain. Actually ONLY MOM DID AND HAD EMPATHY. I miss my beautiful mom so much. Thanks for having this place to come to. dawnshy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I lost my mom April 10th 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:44:23 PM »
Hi Dawn,

So very sorry to read of the death of your precious Mom. My Mom died back in '77 and I miss her every day. It's a great loss.

Tell us more about your Mom. If you like, post her Angel Date and Birthday and I will post them on the calendar and we will remember her on her special dates. Keeping their memory alive, I believe is the greatest way we can honor them.

Hugs,
Terry

Lacemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »
I feel your pain. So sorry for your loss. I to lost my sweet mama in April of this year. Been a very hard month. Tomorrow will be a month to the day.

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »
Hi Dawnshy, I'm sorry to hear to hear about your mom. 20 years is a long time to deal with an illness. I have a special needs daughter that the Dr's said she wouldn't live to see 5 and this year she will turn 32 in July. Both my father and my wife had long term illnesses my dad dies in 2001 and my wife passed just this last March. You mentioned not crying much and also that it seems like your emotions are stuck. I'm no councilor or psychiatrist or anything like that, I'm just me but from what I have seen not everyone deals with grief the same way and yet there are still similarities in many cases. You also mentioned you were isolating at home and later mention anger as part of your grieving. I'm wondering this is just different forms of avoidance? I haven't necessarily avoided dealing with my wife's death but I am living alone with just my 3 dogs. I do go out from time to time with my mom or my oldest daughter but the majority of my time is at home alone working on something to keep me occupied. So perhaps maybe I may be isolating and not know it. I guess you could say I am seeing a similarity here. I have also recently encountered something new with in the last week or so. I'm finding some very deep seated resentments and disappointments in family members or friends that I thought I could count on let me down in just the last couple of years. So I'm wondering what you are describing is similar to what I am experiencing or am I reading something wrong?     

Raven2017

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »
Hi Dawnshy,
I am sorry to hear about your Mom.  Moms are special. My Mom passed away in 1996 under different circumstances than yours but it's so hard.  My husband passed away suddenly on April 13, 2017 and like JustMark, I am wondering about the isolation and anger as well and wondering if we are talking about the same thing.  I am not totally avoiding the loss of my husband but I am staying very close to home with my dog.  I am uncomfortable going out in public by myself because I am afraid I will lose it somewhere other than home.   Is that why you're isolating yourself?