Author Topic: Almost a Year  (Read 2791 times)

wally49er

• View Profile
Almost a Year
« on: October 06, 2016, 04:19:11 AM »
It will be a year October 17 since my beloved wife, Cathy, died.  This has been a rough year.  Not only did I lose my wife and soul mate but, I also lost my daughter-in-law to suicide.  I lost my cat we'd had since 2003 and I had to have a kidney removed.  In August, my brother was killed.  But there have also been two good things happen, a grandson was born and I met someone with whom I've started a new relationship.  She has been widowed three years.  I pray that it goes well.  She wants to go slow, which is good. I am full of anxiety and question whether I am betraying Cathy, even though she told me to find so one else.  She didn't want me to be alone. Well, enough about me.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Almost a Year
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »

It certainly has been a difficult year for you, Wally. I've posted Cathy's Angel Date on our calendar.

Congrats on the birth of your Grandson. What a joy. And also very happy to learn that you are in a relationship. Our hearts are for loving. We walk, talk and breath love and it's the reason we are on this earth. Our time here is limited so spend your time finding happiness and joy because guilt is a wasted emotion.

Keep me updated. I'm happy for you, my friend. :icon_flower:

Love to you and a big hug (((((((Wally)))))))

Terry

wally49er

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »
Thank you, Terry.  Today I finished moving the remainder of Cathy's clothes and shoes out of the house.  I had wanted to take some of her ashes to Prince Edward Island but I don't know when I'll get there, so I went to the cemetery and spread those ashes and talked with her and told her about the new lady.  But Cathy, probably, already knows.  And then I went on a spending spree.  I bought a shirt and a pair of pants, a few books and a CD, Flogging Molly.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »

Wally - so happy to read that you're moving right along. And, I agree that Cathy already knew and so sweet that you talked with her about it.

(sorry about the post delay)

Keep me updated, my friend.

Hugs & Love,
Terry