Author Topic: It's been a long time  (Read 4218 times)

CarolA

• Vikki ~ 8/29/66 - 6/16/03
    • View Profile
It's been a long time
« on: September 27, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
I first came to this board 13 years ago. My daughter, Vikki had just passed away. I didn't know where to turn to find help with the pain. I had friends and family, but something was missing. I had to be around people who truly understood. I was desperate. I found a lot of help here. The time passes slowly. It seems some days like it was yesterday. There are still days I think I need to call and tell her something. Those days really are hard. I still have good days and bad days. They aren't as bad now but I still cry. I cry when I hear myself talking about her. I cry when I hear of someone else losing their child, I know that pain so well and want more than anything to make it go away for them. There is no closure. Time does not heal all wounds. But we learn to live with them. Not sure anyone is here that even remembers me. My love to you all - Carol

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a long time
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »
Hi Carol,

We all remember each other. How can we not? We are bound by the sharing of our pain. We can finish each other's sentences. We are family.

So nice to see a picture of your precious Vikki.  :love9:

Big hug to you.
Love,
Terry

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »
Like you, Carol, I found this to be the place that allowed me to survive and to live again.And yes,mas you say, with time we learn to live with that pain. I find that when I'm entering into new events, passing milestones, there's a resurgence of sadness and tears. For happy joyful events! We're in the process of buying a beach house, and I find myself weepy, knowing how much the boys would have loved being there with us and with their sister's little kids. For me it's 17 years since my Jimmy died in a car accident at the age of 21 and eight years later his older brother ended his life in suicide, age 31. I talk to my boys everyday. We all find ways to keep them present. The grandkids talk about uncle Jimmy angel and uncle Tommy angel. And they smile.

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »
Carol: 
     we could never forget Vikki. I haven't been here for a long time either. Good to hear from everyone and to read messages.
It will be 18yrs for me. It has been a journey.   bless you all LaVonne

CarolA

• Vikki ~ 8/29/66 - 6/16/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words.