Author Topic: Too many losses  (Read 2505 times)

wally49er

• View Profile
Too many losses
« on: September 11, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »
. August 19 my little brother took his team of draft horses to Skowhegan fair to the horse pulling.  After the pull that night, he was unloading them from the trailer to put them way for the night when something spooked one of them.  Dana's hand must have got caught or tangled in the halter rope and he couldn't let go.  The horse dragged him across the yard and stepped on Dana's chest.  I was called by my sister, went to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.  He was forty-nine years old and left a son and a daughter, both teenagers who adored their father.  He was president of the Farmers Draft Horse Mule and Pony Association.  He was loved across the state of Maine,  Greeted everyone with a smile.  In 2003 we lost a son.  Since October 2015 I have lost my wife, a daughter-in-law to suicide, my cat, a kidney and, now, my brother.  It needs to stop.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Too many losses
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:05:55 AM »
(((((Wally)))))

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your precious brother, Dana from that tragic accident. Just heartbreaking. :tearyeyed:

In my thoughts and my heart,
Love,
Terry

mjlasa

• View Profile
Re: Too many losses
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 12:59:20 PM »
My heart goes out to you. I am currently grieving the loss of my wife unexpectedly two weeks ago. I hope I can be as strong as you.