Author Topic: Robin, Lynn, Diane, Bren  (Read 3046 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Robin, Lynn, Diane, Bren
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »
Thinking of you gals and hope you're all doing OK. Touch base when you find the time and let us know of any new happenings.

Love you all, :icon_flower:
Terry

RobinBlue

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Robin, Lynn, Diane, Bren
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:00:35 PM »
Hi Terry (and everyone). Well, it has now been a year and half since Tom departed this mortal earth. This time last year, I was a wreck. On top of losing him, I had to deal with things that no widow should have to deal with which made things worse. In fact, I was still a wreck come his one year anniversary in February and again on his birthday in April.

I was going crazy. I was semi-retired and just didn't know what to do with myself. So I picked up my pen (really, my trusty word processing program) and I just started writing - one of my original passions. And it was like sitting down with an old friend that loves you for who you are without judging and just listens. And through the words and fictional characters, I am slowly finding my way. And I know this is something that Tom would want me to pursue. It was something that was always on the back burner throughout our marriage because, well, he wanted (and deserved) the attention. Now, I'm finding, it's time to do a few things for me.

I am far from the end of this journey - I don't think it ever really ends. I still miss him. Some days are still too long without him. I still talk to him every evening. I feel he is still with me and he's still guiding me and looking out for me. I know I'll never really be "whole" again, but I'm adjusting to the next phase of this journey, knowing when it's my time, he and I will be back together again. I am finding calm. And I am finding peace of mind. And I am finding some inner peace.

I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it - Maya Angelou.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:26:31 AM »
Robin, I'm so glad to learn that you're writing again. Following your dream. You go, girl!

Calm is good. :icon_flower:

Thanks for sharing how you've been doing. I've missed your posts.

Big Hug ((((((Robin)))))) :love9:

wally49er

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 04:07:20 AM »
Glad you are writing.  I am a writer of fiction also.  My wife, Cathy, was a writer, too.  We met in a creative writing class.  She was a great editor.  I miss talking about writing with her and discussing words and all the peculiar things about being a writer.  I find that sitting down at my laptop and working on a story brings me peace.  You think only about the characters or the setting or whatever it is you're working on.  It's almost like meditation.  Good luck, Robin.  Take care.