Author Topic: Hearta  (Read 806 times)

Frannie

• View Profile
Hearta
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »
I have a brother who is in Hospice care now with chronic copd and inoperable Diverticulitis. Not expected to live long because meds are not working.
I had 8 brothers and have lost 3 since last July 7. The first two within a week of each other. I lost one of my closest siblings this February to lung cancer. My other brothers left in 1987, 1988, 2002, 2003.
I think I am losing my mind. I will not have a brother left out of 8 and the grief is tearing me apart. I try to fight it but it is taking a toll on me and my sister is avoiding the grief by not even acknowledging it. She has avoided the brother in Hospice and she didn't even go to my last brother's funeral
I just needed someone to talk to about how tired I am all the time and how I can not get my mind off my grief.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Hearta
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »

Frannie,

I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through due to your brother's illness and also for the loss of your brothers. Feel everything you need to instead of fighting the pain, the grief because all that is involved when a loved one is nearing death and loved ones who have already passed is a part of the grief that must be felt in order to heal our hearts, eventually. I understand as I have buried all of my family. And my greatest losses were that of my three children.
These boards, this forum, Webhealing saved my life. I came on here everyday and poured my heart out to total strangers but we were bonded by our grief. I've made lifelong friends on these boards. And after many years I was able to 'give back' to help others who needed someone to just listen.

I'm here for you whenever you want to share, vent, cry....we're all on here for the same reason. Please keep me updated on your brother's condition. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending hugs and my love,
Terry
"One thing I've learned on this journey (it's been a year and a few days since my husband, Tom, died of cancer), is that in the beginning, there is a lot of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back shuffle." - RobinBlue - Spouse Loss