Author Topic: My mom  (Read 3779 times)

BrianC72

• View Profile
My mom
« on: April 23, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »
My mom passed away on December 16, 2014.  She was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer September 5 of that year, which was a complete surprise to everyone.  After the initial surgery, she went to a rehab center, and I thought she was doing so well.  Then her kidneys failed, and they could not even do chemo.  When she took her last breath, I was alone with her. 

I just can't seem to cope.  Nothing helps, not psychologists, not hospice grief groups, not the anti-depressants I am on.   My friends are tired of hearing about my grief, and my dad, the only family I have left, is inconsolable, too.   I miss my mom so much.  I took it for granted that she would be around for at least another 10 years, and now she is gone. 

I was raised Catholic, but every day I wake up and think....what if there is no heaven?  What if this life is all a big joke and there is no point?

People keep saying that it gets easier with time, but it is actually becoming more difficult for me. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My mom
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:57:30 PM »

Brian - I'm sorry to read of the death of your precious Momma. My Mom died back in 1977 and I miss her everyday. I don't think we ever stop missing them. It took a very long time, for me but the time did come when I was able to think about her and how funny she was....all of the wonderful memories I was able to remember that the pain had blocked out for so long. Who can replace a Mom? My Mom was the best as I'm sure yours was, too.

It takes time. And that time is very different for us all.

One day, even one hour at a time.

I believe that there is a life after this one. I've had many signs from my loved ones over the years and I was even  gifted with a visit to the other side. I know our Moms will be waiting for us when our time is done on earth.

Welcome to Webhealing, Brian.

Love,
Terry

GracieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 10:21:11 AM »
I lost my mom Feb 20.  I go to two psychologists and a social worker.  I read grief support messages every day.  I thought I would die and couldn't make it.  Her death, too, was not expected and we were EXTREMELY close.  I blame myself for her death and am working through that.  I also quested God and Heaven although we are Believers.  Strange what death of a loved one does to you.  I can at least say, I want to live and didn't care initially.  God Bless us all who are going through this when others just don't get it.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »

GracieMae,

I'm sorry for the recent death of your precious Mother. You're right that until others experience a great loss they really have no idea of the pain and the grieving process. Sooner or later everyone will face the death of a loved one.

Welcome to Webhealing where we understand. Tell us more about your Mom if you feel up to it. There are a lot of new members who are dealing with the death of a parent so feel free to reply to their messages or private message them for a meet-up in the chat room. Many friendships have been formed on these boards.

Love,
Terry

Chellencheez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:17:20 PM »
I just lost my mom Friday, and I feel exactly the same as you do