Author Topic: new here  (Read 2990 times)

Sandy18

• View Profile
new here
« on: March 27, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »
I have lost my father,my mother and husband all to cancer.I am writing here because even though losing my parents was hard I found losing my husband mark
is so unbearable.I lost him January 18th of this year after taking care of him for three years.There is such a void in my life now and I can't imagine how I will
go on with him not on this earth anymore.I try not to think too far ahead.I am haunted by how much pain he endured and my helplessness to help him.He was
such a good person and I just wonder why he had to suffer.I feel like I'm watching life go by without really being there.My home is no longer the haven that it was but a cold lonely reminder that he is gone forever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: new here
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »

(((Sandy)))

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your husband. Try to take one day, hour even minute at a time - living in the moment and dealing with the present. We love for a lifetime and the grief is the result of losing that love. The pain, the sadness and the lonliness is all a part of the grief.

Tell us about your husband when you feel up to it. There are usually quite a few members posting on this board and I'm sure when they see your post they will respond. Everyone on here truly understands.

Look forward to reading more from you.

Love,
Terry

kgraham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:26:27 AM »
Sandy!! Hang in there! I lost my husband to cancer January 31. Its the most bitter thing to go through and with us its hard because we were the caregivers also. The best bit of advice I can say is cancer didnt win! Our spouses did! Somehow we all will make it through this one day, one second at a time! Im soo sorry for your loss and wish I could hug you and say nothing right now! ...So I am :) . Just remember to take care of you right now and talk to all of us anytime! When I started this forum the best advice I got was dont forget to eat and drink! It's helping soo much just to know that we're not alone in this weird journey we're on... and it helps to share your story of how life was when it was so wonderful before the dang sickness. All my love from Texas!

wally49er

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
I lost my wife of 27 years, Cathy, October 17, 2015.  I had been her caregiver for five years.  We were both writers.  She was the funniest, vibrant, most intelligent woman I ever met.  And she was not afraid to speak her mind.  We had built this little house in the country.  Our retirement home.  It did feel empty at first, and still does at times.  I miss her very much.  I miss talking with her about my writing and politics and everything.  Try to take one day at a time.  I took good care of her.  Now we must take good care of ourselves.  Be good to yourself.  Talk with family and friends.  Best wishes.  Wally