Author Topic: I miss my Mom  (Read 2795 times)

SusanL

• View Profile
I miss my Mom
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:43:06 PM »
My Mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I am 49 but I still lived with her. I am disabled and can not work. She was my only support. Yesterday all I did was cry. I do not have anyone of my own. My brother is the only one left and he always winds up making me feel bad even though he means well. No one in his family, his wife, my niece or his Mother In Law has reached out to me since the funeral. I feel abandoned. I did not expect them to be my new family but I thought they would care. Offer to help in some way. Have me over for dinner one night...they live down the street. It hurts. I feel like they are mad at me. Like I dîd something wrong. I want to tell someone about it. But there is no one to tell.
I feel like I want someone to take care of me. I know that sounds childish but I guess that's what my Mom would do. She'd hold me. No one is here just to hold me as I cry. I feel so alone, and childish for expecting such things. Like it's weak.
I went to a therapy group but even thére no one lets me get it out. It's all about skill building and all I want is someone to comfort me. Someone to talk to as long as I want. I want my Mom.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I miss my Mom
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »

Susan - I'm sorry that your precious Mom has died. Welcome to Webhealing.

Two weeks is hardly enough time for a death as great as a parent to be realized let alone excepting to be able to function normally. Please take the time you need to grieve for your Mom. You loved her for a lifetime...the pain is the result of that love. It takes a lot of time and patience.
Take care of yourself the best you can right now and tell us more about your Mom when you feel up to it. Someone is always listening.

Sending hugs,
Terry