Author Topic: Lost my brother 11 days ago. I think Im a medium.  (Read 1003 times)

Marcela

• View Profile
Lost my brother 11 days ago. I think Im a medium.
« on: December 10, 2015, 07:26:29 PM »
He was 24 years old. Im 26. We were very close and he passed suddenly, asleep. Ive always been very receptive to energies and spirits, having experiences since I was 3 years old. Now I can feel him very closely and suddenly became much more receptive but Im afraid it might just be a defense mechanism my brain is using to get trough this because the thought of him not existing anymore is too much for me to process. I need advice.

Terry

• Administrator
    • Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim. Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my brother 11 days ago. I think Im a medium.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
(((Marcela)))

I'm so sorry your brother has died. Try to take care of yourself right now by eating and sleeping well. Grieving a great loss zaps our immune system and we can get very sick. Take the time you need to deal with the memories, all of your feelings.

Welcome to Webhealing. Post as often as you feel you can. Someone is always reading.

Love, :love9:
Terry
"I'm thankful I have my writing to turn to.  And reading and my pets.  It is at times like these, I remind myself to think of gratitude and things I am thankful for." -Wally (Wally49er/Spouse Loss)

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my brother 11 days ago. I think Im a medium.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 12:54:41 PM »
Hi, Marcela. I also lost my brother in 1995. He was 22 and I was 27. We were extremely close. He was in the Army at the time. Exactly what happened is complicated, but he was killed in an auto accident on his way home from Fort Bragg, NC.

I'm very sorry we have to meet this way, but you're in the right place. There are wonderful people here who will help in any way we can.

It's safe to talk here.

It took me a very long time to work past my brother, but his death was compounded by losing my dad in 2000. Both were very sudden. I don't have any real advice except keep talking. Somebody here is always reading.