Author Topic: The new normal- without Mama  (Read 1753 times)

Megnaika

• View Profile
The new normal- without Mama
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
Hello,

I'm new here and am going through a tough time coping with my mom's passing. She died on April 29th to Metastatic breast cancer. She was diagnosed on February this year and lost he fight two months later.

I'm a wreck, I can't lie and can't pretend that I'm ok because I'm really not. My birthday is two weeks from now and I'm finding it really hard to even think or look forward to it. I'm usually the type to get excited about my birthday but this time around, I simply find it impossible.

I miss her so much, we had a very code mother daughter relationship, oftentimes people thought we acted like sisters. She's my best friend, and now I find myself so lost at the age of 24 turning 25. She taught me everything I know in life and have always guided me and supported me in everything I did, now I feel often unsure about life itself and how to live the next days, months, years without her.

Any advice, message, thoughts are very much appreciated. Thank you for creating this beautiful place of comfort.
-megnaika

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: The new normal- without Mama
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:01:35 PM »

((((Megnaika)))))

Hi and welcome to Webhealing. I'm so sorry to learn of the recent death of your precious Mom. It's so difficult losing a parent. My Mom died, too when I was in my twenties and was my best friend, also and babysitter to my children and all around beautiful person. Today is her Angel Date. I was just talking with my sister and we were sharing stories of her and about how much we miss her and always will. There were tears....

I certainly understand not being excited that your birthday is upcoming. It's a special day for your Mom and I know she'll be with you and I believe that she hopes that you will feel her near. You continue to honor her just by being alive. That parent/child bond is SO strong.

Tell us more about your Mom when you feel up to it. I understand the pain from such a great loss.

You have my love and understanding, :love9:
Terry

keri4180

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:42:13 AM »
Honey I feel your pain I just lost my momma to ovarian cancer and septic blood infection. Im hurting so bad i know she went peacefully but i lived with her and i have to look at her bedroom where she sat and looked out the window. Im looking at her paintings on the wall im looking at her clothing just everything says mom that i see. Im 35 and i feel like a little girl crying for momma i miss her i want her touch just one more time it hurts so bad

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
(((((Keri)))))

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your precious Momma. Welcome to Webhealing.

Tell us more about her when you feel up to it.

With Love & Understanding, :love9:
Terry