Author Topic: GF Needs a "Break"  (Read 3380 times)

roidragelol

• View Profile
GF Needs a "Break"
« on: May 01, 2015, 12:43:37 AM »
Okay I need your help with my relationship with my gf. A little back story to us we met 4 months ago and instantly hit it off spending nearly every day together doing random things together and just having a good time. She just recently got a divorce and ended up meeting me. Fast forward till about 3 weeks ago she blind sided me with the "I need space" text message, so we tried to figure out what exactly the i need space thing meant we figured it out to be pulling back and seeing each other every few days even if it was just hanging around the house or going to do an activity together. Things were going great from what i thought and it seemed like she was fine. Then the canceling of dates happened we would set a day to go do something and spend the day together, But something always ended up coming up or she just didnt feel good. But we still tried to see each other when we could. Now today i got the text that she needs a "Break" but its weird she wants a break but still wants to date me and still calls me babe and is constantly texting me. She says she wants time to make herself happy and not relying on me to make her happy. I kind of understand where she is coming from but im lost and am unsure of what i should do. We are doing a movie tomorrow where i want to talk to her in person evaluate each others emmotions in person instead of a text message. I fell for this girl hard i didnt think i would ever fall for someone like that. She tells me she still wants to be with me and wants her time to fully commit to our relationship. Sorry for the post it probably doesnt make since the way i typed it sounds like im rambling on i just am lost cant figure out my emotions. I dont want to lose this girl that i think is amazing.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: GF Needs a "Break"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 11:42:42 AM »
Now today i got the text that she needs a "Break" but its weird she wants a break but still wants to date me and still calls me babe and is constantly texting me.

I don't think that's wierd at all. It's what you should be doing after four months. Are you happy dating her? 

Then date.

It seems like a lot of people have forgotten how to date. It's important. Everything doesn't have to be a serious, committed relationship. It's ok to date. She just got out of a marriage. I think it's perfectly normal that she doesn't want to go immediately into another serious relationship. There's nothing wrong with just dating. Everything doesn't have to be a commitment or serious. Date each other and enjoy it.

If it makes both of you happy, I say it's perfect. If later on you do become more serious, I think you'll be glad you followed her lead and took some time to relax for a while. I think she's exactly right and what she wants is very healthy.

That's what I think.

Relax a little.

roidragelol

• View Profile
Re: GF Needs a "Break"
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »
Thanks for the incite Doug I think im going to take your advice and just date her. She says she doesn't want to date another guy nor do i want to date another girl. We are going to try and work it out and see what happens in the long run. I want to be as patient as possible with her but when you see your relationship going perfect and then you have to take 2 steps back you kind of question each others intentions. I had this feeling when i first met her that she was something special to me i literally dropped any other girl that i was potentially talking to and focused on her the minute i met her we just click so well there is never a dull moment when we are together. The one problem that bugs me is the date canceling its starting to get annoying when i make time to see her and she just cancels last minute.