Author Topic: Emotions  (Read 5613 times)

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Emotions
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:45:03 PM »
Emotions ran high as of late. Became proactive about it, talked with trusted friends, reached out to my psychiatrist. Thought about it and now it's simmering down.
I'm sharing this with you because as bereaved parent(s) the grief can truly be the "roller-coaster ride" we all hear about it and at times it can, at least with me it did, fill one with such despair and seem quite hopeless that there will be a light out of the dark tunnel.
And then there is.
And that is quite the relief.
Not the same as before the demise happened, which will never be the same, but one that we learn to live with and fine-tune to our "new normal".
Reach out if you feel as I did, support and releasing the emotion has always helped me, even after 8 1/2 years.
Your Sister-in-grief,
Paula, Adam's Brokenhearted Mama
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Emotions
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:30:53 PM »
Beautifully expressed. I find myself here holidays and other special days.  My Tom 's 39th birthday is Sunday, January 11. He ended his life Feb. 16, 2007, almost 8 years ago, and 8 years after his brother's death in a car accident. Roller coaster for me since 1999. I've often said - I survived because here at webhealing I could check in 24/7, when I couldn't sleep, when I needed to hear something other than it's been a year time to get over it. My family - I'm blessed, I know, that our sons' deaths did not destroy our marriage - has done a good job in rebuilding our life. New life - our two grandchildren - has made an amazing difference. I am, indeed, happy. But, as I've often said - losing a child is akin to chopping off a limb and hemorrhaging for the rest of your life. Or as I once read- your heart is broken into a million pieces, and you spend the rest of your life trying to put them all back together again. I've written here before: I try to live my life in a way that honors my sons.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:58:48 PM by barb0617 »

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:58:44 AM »
((Hugs Barb0617)).
Thank you for your words of inspiration.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:24:25 PM »

I'm sharing this with you because as bereaved parent(s) the grief can truly be the "roller-coaster ride" we all hear about it and at times it can, at least with me it did, fill one with such despair and seem quite hopeless that there will be a light out of the dark tunnel.

So true, Paula and I find that I have to continually remind myself especially in my darkest hours that the light is still there, though just the hint of a glimmer, at times.
And also true that we do learn to live with our new normal though it doesn't seem that we will be able to in the beginning. It all takes so much time and work. Grief is work. Life is work. And both are ever changing.

Hugs :love9:

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »

But, as I've often said - losing a child is akin to chopping off a limb and hemorrhaging for the rest of your life. Or as I once read- your heart is broken into a million pieces, and you spend the rest of your life trying to put them all back together again. I've written here before: I try to live my life in a way that honors my sons.

I agree, Barb that losing a child is like losing a limb. The pain always a reminder of the love.

It's wonderful that you live your life in a way that honors your precious sons. You are blessed.

Hugs :love9:

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »

I agree, Barb that losing a child is like losing a limb. The pain always a reminder of the love.

Yes indeed.  The major difference is you never see someone go up to an amputee and ask them if they are over it yet!

Tom's New EBook and paperback

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »

Yes indeed.  The major difference is you never see someone go up to an amputee and ask them if they are over it yet!

Amen to that, Tom!

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »
Amen, amen!