Author Topic: whammy  (Read 2063 times)

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
whammy
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:59:09 AM »
I was watching tv and they were advertising for a concert and one of the songs up and smacked me in the face with memories and hurt. I wish he could have healed and been happy before he died. I don't know if I ever will and at least I get the chance to work on it.
Hope you are all well and managing.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: whammy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 07:34:40 PM »
Hey there, ((((((((((Shelby!))))))))) Nice to see a post from you. I understand. This time of the year we have so many memories....it can be very difficult. I'm glad you stopped by. How are the kids doing? Fill me in when you get a chance.

Love & Hugs, :love9:
Terry

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:22 PM »
Thanks Terry

You are a rock to always be checking and sharing with people. My kids are good. They enjoy being with me and my younger 2 want to come live with me. It will be a fight though because their dad does not want to change the custody agreement, I think more because of the money then anything. All I know is that to have them back living with me means I will have a fight ahead of me, unless something changes.
I am doing my best to find some faith somewhere and I have had a difficult time doing that. I lost my hope and faith in humans. As much as I have had support and know there are caring people out there I have been overwhelmed with pain and lost my hope. I am getting help and I have been asking for and getting help for years and nothing ever changed deep inside me so I am at the low end of tolerance and strength. I have finally come to a point in my life where I have learned how to trust, without question, my gut and so can now do what I need for myself without necessarily having an answer or a specific description of what is wrong. I am learning that I can just accept it and change what is unhealthy in my life.

I hope you are doing well and that Christmas will not be too painful for you and for everyone on here. Love to all of you and lots of  peace.
Shelby

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »

Oh Shelby....I hope things work out for you with the kids. That would be great. You know what's best so when the time comes I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

I understand being overwhelmed and even being on the brink of giving up but when I came close to losing hope....I knew it wasn't going to be much longer before everything else followed. Hope is all I have left. Hope and faith in myself.

Take care of yourself and know we're always here for you. If you feel lonely, stop by the board around the holidays....someone is always here. It's your home away from home. :love4:

Love,
Terry