Author Topic: Am missing my grandmother  (Read 4522 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Am missing my grandmother
« on: October 31, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »
16 years ago today I had to say goodbye to my grandmother.  We were very close.  For about 15 years I would go to her house every Saturday morning and stay all day and all night with her.  During the Summers I would get to stay more with her.  We would play cards and dominoes while we listened to music.  Our favorite singer was Ricky Skaggs.

She also made the best fried chicken in the world.  That is what she would fix on Saturdays.  I would give anything to eat a piece of her fried chicken again and play another game of cards and dominoes with her.  We would also go on walks together.  I will always cherish those memories but at the same time it hurts so much that she is gone.   
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Am missing my grandmother
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »

(((((((Gail)))))))

Our Grandparents make such an impact on our lives and we carry those memories with us always. I was much younger than you (I was 10) when I lost both Grandparents on my Dad's side and 12 when I lost my favorite Grandpa. My Grandma and the one I was closest to was on my Mom's side. When she died I was a wreck for one year. I could barely function and I was 24 years old. So, I certainly understand.

It's wonderful that your love of music continues to warm your heart with beautiful memories of your precious Grandma. No one can cook like them, am I right? :icon_flower: And that we'll always miss. But, we remember. And, we remember with such fondness and deep love for the strength they left us. The strength to continue on and honor them by how you have honored your Grandma here in this post....with all of these wonderful memories. There is no greater way to show how much we loved them.

Thank You for sharing your precious Grandma with us. :love9:

Love,
Terry

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Am missing my grandmother
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »
Terry,
Thank you for your words of understanding and comfort.  They do help to ease some of the pain.  You are so right, no one can cook like them.  I have a lot of cooking memories of both my grandmas.
Thanks again for your support. It helps so much.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever