Author Topic: 4th of July  (Read 1047 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
4th of July
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:24:20 PM »
I am REALLY dreading the 4th of July as my mother and I had a tradition that we did then every year.  We would go to the parade together that morning enjoying visiting with each other while waiting for it to start.  That night we would take Allsups burritos and cherry cokes with us to eat and drink while we watched the fireworks.  To be honest, I am not sure how I am going to be able to make it through the day on the 4th.  It is going to be SO VERY hard. I am going to miss doing those things with her SOOOOO much.  I just don't know why she had to die.  I want her back more than anything.  It hurts SOOOOO MUCH.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: 4th of July
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »

((((Gail))))

I understand. Every date holds a special memory. You'll be OK. Posting all of your feelings is helpful. And, I always love reading about your Mom and Jolene. :love9:

I don't think we ever stop wanting them back.

Love,
Terry

"One thing I've learned on this journey (it's been a year and a few days since my husband, Tom, died of cancer), is that in the beginning, there is a lot of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back shuffle." - RobinBlue - Spouse Loss