Author Topic: this website sure has changed  (Read 4242 times)

mims64

• nospam
    • View Profile
this website sure has changed
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
My son died in 1996 at age 11. I used to come to this website because it was one of the places I felt I belonged.
My beautiful boy Kyle died on a saturday morning after an argument with me. He put a bathrobe belt around his neck and sat in his closet. It was hard to beleive it could happrn like that. His death was ruled as death by misadventure.  I know in my heart he wasnt trying to die that day but having him angry at me before he died was unbareable. I have learned to live with my loss and emptiness. I have two other children that had to grow up without their big brother and as I feared then my son does not remember his brother as he was only 3 at the time of his death.  We talk about Kyle often and still cry.
To this day people say the stupiest things and I have learned that I dont need those people in my life. Just redently I had someone who I thought was a friend tell me I dwell on it. I very rarely talk about kyle and that day I was trying to help her with an issue and used some of what I felt atbthe time of kyles death to relste to her pain and that was her response *you dwell on it *. I was shocked but that day I decided I dont need you in my life.
 Ajyway thanks for listening. Hope everyone on hereis finding some happiness.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: this website sure has changed
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »

You have my heart, having to live without Kyle. I sure do understand about *those people and their shallow existence* and the evidence rears it's ugly head whenever they speak. I think we all know people like that. Clueless. They don't know your pain. They don't even understand pain.

There were a couple of Moms on the board years ago that had sons named Kyle and I posted to one of them and her name was Jackie. The other was on the board when I wasn't so I didn't get to know her. But neither Mom stayed on the board long and that was back in 2006 or 2007? Now sure. I know it's been a long time.

I miss my babies everyday and in every way. That will never change for the rest of my days. I understand. Feel free (as long as you're comfortable) sharing about  :angel11: Kyle :angel11: here, anytime. Reading your story brought a tear and your struggles have had to be many over these years.

Hugs & Love,
Terry
"One thing I've learned on this journey (it's been a year and a few days since my husband, Tom, died of cancer), is that in the beginning, there is a lot of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back shuffle." - RobinBlue - Spouse Loss