Author Topic: Separation & Divorce  (Read 3883 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Separation & Divorce
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:35:06 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that I haven't posted here in a long time. My life has been nuts with this separation and divorce I'm going through. I probably should post in the 'other kinds of grief' area, but since I normally post here because I lost my sister Lesley back in July of 2010, I thought I'd start here mainly to say hello to everyone and to say that I'm still alive. I am definitely getting separated and divorced and I've read that on a stress and grief factor it's up there alongside of all other kinds of death. Although I am always loathe to compare when it comes to death and losing loved ones because no two situations are alike. Grief and sorrow is what we have in common and the struggle to go on living - with all that life throws at us, the good and the bad - without our dear sister or brother or uncle or father or child or friend etc in our lives. I know that Lesley would have been very supportive and loving towards me knowing that I'm going through such a horrible time and I miss her all the time! I am reminded of her every time I am downtown because that's where she lived and I used to see her all over the place and I still go to those places she used to go. Now that I'm separated from my ex husband and no longer living in the matrimonial home I have been suffering bouts of acute loneliness and feeling the loss of Lesley and my father before her and indeed the whole gamut of *LOSS-EMOTIONS*  - resulting in feelings of distress and acute disorientation. My life continues to be difficult in other words. But I do have good friends where I live and your friendship here. And I know all of you are dealing with loss and grief and all the pain that brings too.

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Separation & Divorce
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »
I just posted on the other one, but as far as I'm concerned...grief is all the same thing. Either board is fine with me.

I'm happy life's moving forward for you, and I'm really proud of you. It'll be tough for a while, but moving forward is better than purgatory.
 :love4:

It's great to see you and thanks for the update!

((((((((Helene))))))))

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:11 AM »
Hi Helene.  Good for you for taking positive steps in your life toward doing what's best for YOU.

As you know all too well . . . grief sucks.  However, I am really confident that you are going to 'turn a huge corner' with this major change in your life.  It might not be tomorrow or next week but soon.  Soon you will be "on the right side of the coin".

You should be very proud of yourself.

Hang in there -
Scott

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:33:23 PM »
(((Helene))))

I always knew you were a strong person.  Hang in there, ok? :engel2:
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven