Author Topic: My Grandfather's birthday  (Read 3953 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
My Grandfather's birthday
« on: December 12, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
Today is my grandfather's birthday.  I wish I could see him again so bad.  It hurts so much knowing that I can't.  I have some very special memories of him.  The feeling that I got when I would crawl up in his lap or into bed with him was a feeling that I will NEVER EVER forget.  I loved him so much.  He was a very special man.  He was one of the most kindest and loving person I have ever know.  I visited his grave a couple of months ago, put some new flowers there and told him I loved him and missed him.  I hope he heard me.  I just wish it didn't hurt so much.   :bawling:
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My Grandfather's birthday
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:28:47 AM »

As we get older, some of us are left to say good-bye to everyone we've loved. It's sad. We cling so tightly to every memory and hold them close in our hearts.
It certainly is not the same when we are left without all those we've loved and shared lifetime memories with.
I, too miss my grandparents, both my parents and especially my children. But, all of those I've loved that have died. Friends, too.

It's much harder around the holidays, Gail as this is a family time and a time when we hold dear so many precious memories. And, it's those memories that keep us alive and enable us to breathe in and out everyday.

Love to you, sweetie, :love9: :love9:
Terry