Author Topic: Amazing love song fron a guy who shared his girl for 75 years  (Read 6666 times)

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
Amazing love song fron a guy who shared his girl for 75 years
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »
http://twentytwowords.com/2013/08/26/widower-submits-a-song-about-his-wife-of-73-years-to-a-songwriting-contest/

I really hope that the link above works.
This is the lovely story of a 90+ yr old man who lost his wife a month before and saw a songwriting competition. He doesnt sing. He is not a musician. But he wrote this song of love for his wife. (many tissues needed but very warm and uplifting for me)
I hope that you feel as moved by this as i did. x
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing love song fron a guy who shared his girl for 75 years
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »

Thanks for posting this, Son! Oh my....it did bring a tear. The look on Fred's face...that lost look and still in shock over her death and facing the brutal reality that he has to go on without her.

What was even more amazing was the fact that he not only wrote this song and shared his touching story, but had the motivation to actually send it in, in the hopes that it would be played/shared. He wanted to honor her. Her life. Their life together.

((((((( Sweet Lorraine & Fred )))))))
:love9:

A Letter From Fred on Vimeo

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
SONYA

Thank you for sharing, yes tissues are needed.

Terry , you are absolutley right.  It was so beautiful just beautiful

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 03:58:56 PM »

Fred said it best when he shared, "It's so unreal. Like a dream." I think his face says it all. Because for so long that's exactly how it feels. Like it really didn't happen.

Can you imagine, Lis....75 years?

I'm glad his song and story went viral. It shows that people really do care about other people's feelings.

(((((Lis)))))
:icon_flower:

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
I know 75 yrs wow, I am so glad it went viral.  There are really good people out there that care.

They are Angels too   :angel11:

(TERRY)
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again